BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't they use a copper washer under the attaching bolt on a oil filter adapter?

4 posters

Go down

Don't they use a copper washer under the attaching bolt on a oil filter adapter? Empty Don't they use a copper washer under the attaching bolt on a oil filter adapter?

Post  ED468 July 12th 2015, 2:35 am

Was noticing on bench that it was just bolt to aluminum and didnt see what it once had. But copper washer I felt ive seen before on a oil adapter in a pic.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Don't they use a copper washer under the attaching bolt on a oil filter adapter? Empty Re: Don't they use a copper washer under the attaching bolt on a oil filter adapter?

Post  supervel45 July 12th 2015, 3:25 am

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158260 I hope this helps some. I wish I could help more, but I have never used one. It looks like you need something for a seal no matter what style adapter you have.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Don't they use a copper washer under the attaching bolt on a oil filter adapter? Empty washer oring

Post  ED468 July 12th 2015, 7:37 am

Its off a 85 f350 four wheel drive, have to call Ford I suppose. A nylon washer like what I buy for holley power valve would be nice to find also..,Thanks..,ED

ED468

Back to top Go down

Don't they use a copper washer under the attaching bolt on a oil filter adapter? Empty Re: Don't they use a copper washer under the attaching bolt on a oil filter adapter?

Post  dfree383 July 12th 2015, 10:25 am

Cost..... Copper is expensive
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane July 12th 2015, 12:48 pm

The long hollow bolt that screws through the F-250's remote oil filter adapter is available with either

• an o-ring located near the top of the hollow bolt's shank but below the bolt's flange (o-ring seals between the bolt shank and the aluminum right-angle adapter's thru-bore), or
  • a gasket directly beneath the hollow bolt's flange (gasket seals/gets sandwiched between the hollow bolt's flange and the top of the aluminum right-angle adapter)

Which sealing method you have is dependent on bolt/adapter combo.  If you have a 1985 F-250, then you probably have the right-angle oil filter adapter that uses the gasket directly beneath the bolt flange.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ED468 July 12th 2015, 5:42 pm

Are the gaskets still available from the Dealership?

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down