BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daddy Dave Wreck Amarillo Dragway

+21
Tommyj466
butterbean
Lem Evans
yellowhorse7
cool40
69F100
richter69
maverick
kim
BigRigTech
bruno
StephenW
Moodyblues
dfree383
dr's wife racing
DILLIGASDAVE
BigBlockRanger
Mike R
Dave C.
Larry T
supervel45
25 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Daddy Dave Wreck Amarillo Dragway - Page 3 Empty Re: Daddy Dave Wreck Amarillo Dragway

Post  richter69 August 6th 2015, 8:30 am

Id venture a guess that he did.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Daddy Dave Wreck Amarillo Dragway - Page 3 Empty Re: Daddy Dave Wreck Amarillo Dragway

Post  yellowhorse7 August 6th 2015, 8:52 am

I'd assume that he built most of the car with Mickey's help???
yellowhorse7
yellowhorse7

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 6th 2015, 8:52 am

He did mention the weld and the nitrous bottle getting loose. He did not go into much detail, but I can understand that. He did say the bottle slid out of it's bracket.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 6th 2015, 8:57 am

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455290&page=37 Here post #551 if you want to read it.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  DILLIGASDAVE August 7th 2015, 3:47 am

supervel45 wrote:http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1455290&page=37       Here post #551 if you want to read it.

"Yes the seatbelt tab weld ripped the moly tubing, but I don't blame it on the welder. He was the same guy that welded the tabs on for the lab belts that held me in."

That does add more weight to the idea of the lap/crotch belts being pulled tight, but not the shoulder harness belts. His upper body moving during the crash & getting "a running start" before the belt slack yanked tight could put a large sudden-jarring  amount of loading on the shoulder harness tab.
DILLIGASDAVE
DILLIGASDAVE

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 7th 2015, 6:08 am

Two belts attached to that small of a tab does seem to be asking a lot. I wounder if the bottle smacked his helment on the way out as the shoulder belt were not holding him back in the cage, or it the helment just hit the cage?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 13th 2015, 11:55 pm

Any condition up date? I don't see anything on the net about it for quite some time.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger August 14th 2015, 9:09 am

Last I saw, he said he was in better shape than the car and would be looking for a new one.
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 August 14th 2015, 1:17 pm

The car is smoked, he will have a new donated ride before you know it.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  butterbean August 14th 2015, 2:12 pm

he was having surgery this morning, seen it on FB
butterbean
butterbean

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 14th 2015, 2:25 pm

Did they say what the surgery was for?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Tommyj466 August 14th 2015, 3:46 pm

supervel45 wrote:Did they say what the surgery was for?
probably to remove his head from his Ass....
Tommyj466
Tommyj466

Back to top Go down

Post  MustangBBF August 14th 2015, 4:05 pm

Or the NOS bottle from his head.

MustangBBF

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper August 14th 2015, 11:08 pm

I haven't posted in this yet but I must say the following. I know you guys are just trying to make lite of a situation but we are friends with Dave and he is still hurting pretty bad. Do I feel his car had some issues that should have been addressed before it went down the track? Yes. But regardless, he is still fighting medical needs while we are still working and typing on the Internet.

I will not say anything else about this here. Thanks

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 14th 2015, 11:24 pm

^^^^^^ You are being too nice to the dipshits. We are all racers or high performance car enthusiasts and saying things like that is asking for some really bad karma.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  butterbean August 15th 2015, 12:07 am

it was on his shoulder
butterbean
butterbean

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 15th 2015, 12:18 am

That what I though it might be. I hope he gets back to racing and we can go beat on him at the track with a Ford.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon August 15th 2015, 6:32 am

I actually like most of the guy's that are on that show. But a little bit of Chuck could go along way w/me for sure. Hoping for a fast recovery for Dave,he lost a lot in that wreck,i hope they do come through w/him a new ride. Very Happy

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 15th 2015, 7:26 am

whatbumper wrote:I haven't posted in this yet but I must say the following.  I know you guys are just trying to make lite of a situation but we are friends with Dave and he is still hurting pretty bad.  Do I feel his car had some issues that should have been addressed before it went down the track? Yes.  But regardless, he is still fighting medical needs while we are still working and typing on the Internet.  

I will not say anything else about this here.  Thanks

sounds like you should have fixed his death trap before he ventured out on the pavement

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing August 15th 2015, 8:13 pm

I know first hand what it is like to have a total loss with a car. Other than a concussion I was not hurt. It is a big deal when you have nothing left of your race car. I don't know Dave or any of that crew. Regardless can't imagin wanting anyone to get hurt. E do this all the time and think of a 5.60 1/8 mile time as slow. I hope nothing I've said has been taken a a poke at Daddy Dave. Im seeking information. I have a fairly light wt chrome Molly car an want to avoid the things that happened to him happening to me if it all went wrong again.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 15th 2015, 9:21 pm

I would not consider 5.60's slow at all if something goes wrong. There is nothing wrong with trying to make your car safer in my book, just remember it is no guarantee you won't be hurt of killed in a crash.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper 65 August 18th 2015, 4:29 pm

I met daddy dave at his shop on the way back from my work trip to colorado. He is a great guy, and i can tell you, if you think there aren't 1000 things that goes into building a race car from the ground up then you have no clue what your saying. I have built a few, and check list after check list, checking it off as you go busting your ass late into the night, many nights in a row you can miss some things, you take some short cuts. I for one DO NOT LIKE shortcuts, but they do happen. The seat belt bracket IMHO was not rugged enough. I am sure he really was not planning on testing it the way he did. for the most part the cage, the helment did what they were designed to do. Save his life. He does still have a lot of recovery to go through. Prayers for him and his family.
This is not the first person i have known a person to have an accident and get harmed during a drag race. I have another buddy from in Mobile, AL Darrell Ferioulus (spelling) leaving him with a permanent head injury and in a wheel chair. He still works, still loves racing... but it is a reminder to everyone out there that see's him or knows him, that racing can be dangerous. It should be respected and every opportunity should be taken when it comes to keeping yourself safe. Especially if you have a family to support.
Harper 65
Harper 65

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing August 18th 2015, 7:42 pm

I know there are no guarantee's. ESP in racing. I don't want anyone to think what I was saying was derogatory toward Dave or his wreck. Just trying to learn what I can that might help improve my car or help a friend out.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno August 18th 2015, 8:07 pm

Harper 65 wrote:I met daddy dave at his shop on the way back from my work trip to colorado. He is a great guy, and i can tell you, if you think there aren't 1000 things that goes into building a race car from the ground up then you have no clue what your saying. I have built a few, and check list after check list, checking it off as you go busting your ass late into the night, many nights in a row you can miss some things, you take some short cuts. I for one DO NOT LIKE shortcuts, but they do happen. The seat belt bracket IMHO was not rugged enough. I am sure he really was not planning on testing it the way he did. for the most part the cage, the helment did what they were designed to do. Save his life. He does still have a lot of recovery to go through. Prayers for him and his family.
This is not the first person i have known a person to have an accident and get harmed during a drag race. I have another buddy from in Mobile, AL Darrell Ferioulus  (spelling) leaving him with a permanent head injury and in a wheel chair. He still works, still loves racing... but it is a reminder to everyone out there that see's him or knows him, that racing can be dangerous. It should be respected and every opportunity should be taken when it comes to keeping yourself safe. Especially if you have a family to support.

well said Harper !!!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 October 5th 2015, 11:28 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141792819648?item=141792819648&viewitem=&vxp=mtr&rmvSB=true

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next