BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morel's, what size groove is needed

+3
dfree383
cool40
Daytonatunnel
7 posters

Go down

Morel's, what size groove is needed Empty Morel's, what size groove is needed

Post  Daytonatunnel August 30th 2015, 10:26 am

Was there any good guess as to what size groove is needed to "fix" the upper end oiling problem ?
Daytonatunnel
Daytonatunnel

Back to top Go down

Morel's, what size groove is needed Empty Re: Morel's, what size groove is needed

Post  cool40 August 30th 2015, 11:58 am

It's best to do a trial run,IMO. Remember hot oil moves faster than cold also so don't get carried away.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Morel's, what size groove is needed Empty Re: Morel's, what size groove is needed

Post  Daytonatunnel August 30th 2015, 1:55 pm

I hear that, just thought someone would have a baseline starting point. I want to have my buddy mill it, so they all will be the same.
Daytonatunnel
Daytonatunnel

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 August 30th 2015, 2:17 pm

Lem may have an idea.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 30th 2015, 2:32 pm

Daytonatunnel wrote:Was there any good guess as to what size groove is needed to "fix" the upper end oiling problem ?

About a .002" flat is all; just run a mill file across that part.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Daytonatunnel August 30th 2015, 5:33 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
Daytonatunnel wrote:Was there any good guess as to what size groove is needed to "fix" the upper end oiling problem ?

THANKS !!!!!!!!!
Daytonatunnel
Daytonatunnel

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain August 30th 2015, 7:22 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:

Yes, if they don't oil enough I just polish down the area right around the hole about .001 measuring with a mic using a cratex wheel. A little at a time and a little is usually all they need.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 August 30th 2015, 8:16 pm

cool40 wrote:It's best to do a trial run,IMO. Remember hot oil moves faster than cold also so don't get carried  away.
This makes a lot of sense. Tolerance stack comes to mind for some reason also.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain September 1st 2015, 7:16 pm

supervel45 wrote:
cool40 wrote:It's best to do a trial run,IMO. Remember hot oil moves faster than cold also so don't get carried  away.
                                This makes a lot of sense. Tolerance stack comes to mind for some reason also.

Every situation tends to be different. I have a small block Ford out there in a road racing application with a Dart block, unmodified Morel lifters fed by a .075 hole for the entire valvetrain. The Bozo who built it at Roush honed the lifter bores too much and they were way too loose with the Comp lifters that were in it so I switched to the morels. It originally had a .125 restriction hole feeding the valvetrain which was making it flood the valve covers and blow out oil. I go for about 1 drip from the rocker every second or so turning the pump by hand with cold oil.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  Notch 501 September 16th 2015, 3:19 pm

dont groove to much it will fill your vave covers with oil ,coming out of the water box Evil or Very Mad
Notch 501
Notch 501

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum