BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nitrous Newbie looking for advice.

3 posters

Go down

Nitrous Newbie looking for advice. Empty Nitrous Newbie looking for advice.

Post  Pitcher September 1st 2015, 11:24 am

Looking to maybe get a little more power from my mud truck. Other than some research online I have no experience with Nitrous, but would like some help from people who actually have experience with it. I am not even sure what this motor will handle? 100 shot?

Anyways here are the specs on the motor if you can offer some advice I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

502 Stroker
2 bolt Dove block with ARP Studs
Scat Forged Crank and Scat Forged H beam rods
SRP Forged Pistons
Super Cobra Jet Kaase Heads W/ARP Head Studs
12.5:1 Compression
.663 Comp Cam Solid Roller
Victor JR Intake
1050 Prosystems E85 Carb

Pitcher

Back to top Go down

Nitrous Newbie looking for advice. Empty Re: Nitrous Newbie looking for advice.

Post  butterbean September 1st 2015, 9:22 pm

Pitcher wrote:Looking to maybe get a little more power from my mud truck.   Other than some research online I have no experience with Nitrous, but would like some help from people who actually have experience with it.   I am not even sure what this motor will handle?  100 shot?  

Anyways here are the specs on the motor if you can offer some advice I'd appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

502 Stroker
SRP Forged Pistons
Victor JR Intake
1050 Prosystems E85 Carb

you have a nice combo, IMO the cam is kinda small and you are leaving HP on the table with it, but you could use a bunch of NOS on your combo as long as the tune is good, I would start off with a plate system that you can grow into, call Steve at Induction Solutions and ask him about plate systems that you can adjust from 100-400 HP and make sure you have a good fuel system and that should get you going, start small like 150 or so and then go after it, good luck and have fun. I use a E-85 Dominator too and welcome friend

Last edited by butterbean on September 1st 2015, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)
butterbean
butterbean

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh September 1st 2015, 11:51 pm

butterbean wrote:
Pitcher wrote:Looking to maybe get a little more power from my mud truck.   Other than some research online I have no experience with Nitrous, but would like some help from people who actually have experience with it.   I am not even sure what this motor will handle?  100 shot?  

Anyways here are the specs on the motor if you can offer some advice I'd appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

502 Stroker
SRP Forged Pistons
Victor JR Intake
1050 Prosystems E85 Carb

you have a nice combo, IMO the cam is kinda small and you are leaving HP on the table with it, but you could use a bunch of NOS on your combo as long as the tune is good, I would start off with a plate system that you can grow into, call Steve at Induction Solutions and ask him about plate systems that you can adjust from 100-400 HP and make sure you have a good fuel system and that should get you going, start small like 150 or so and then go after it, good luck and have fun. I use a E-85 Dominator too and welcome friend

^^^^^ With forged internals, and AL heads it will take a lot with the right tune, ease into it, check the plugs often ( not idled or driven) , and know there will be a point where the juice will out perform the E-85 when you go aggressive on the kit. That 2-bolt has limits too, understand the risks, and how far you are willing to push it.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  Pitcher September 2nd 2015, 8:00 am

Thank you for the input guys. I am not looking to take any real risks. I don't race it, nor compete. Just looking to safely up the fun level.

Pitcher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum