BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road trip tomorrow

4 posters

Go down

Road trip tomorrow Empty Road trip tomorrow

Post  BigRigTech September 17th 2015, 9:34 pm

We have 4 tracks to race at here in the Maritimes. I race at the closest one - Greenfield Dragway which is 1.5hrs from home. The other tracks are all roughly 4-5 hours each from my house. Every year they have the ADRA team race to pit all the top point racers from each track against each other for bragging rights. They take the top 8 super pro cars, top 6 Pro, top 4 sportsman and so on from each track. I'm 7th in S/pro points at my track so I made the cut for my first team race. It's in Cape Breton this year so I'm leaving work at noon tomorrow with a 4hr and 15 minute drive to the CB track. I've never raced anywhere other than Greenfield so this should be fun. I have a free place to stay thanks to another friend/racer so that helps the old wallet. I can't afford to travel to the other tracks normally having a big mortage and 3 small kids -but- to hell with the budget! - ROADTRIP!!! :lol! Between all the weekends camping and working on my new pool deck/fence I've earned a weekend away so wife hasn't said a word...Which is a trap...I think... Wink
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Road trip tomorrow Empty Re: Road trip tomorrow

Post  butterbean September 17th 2015, 10:08 pm

congratulations for the 7th place finish, the road trip will be fun and you will have a good time, when running at their track try to remember that this is what you do every weekend at your home track and you won't be that nervous running at a different track and you will do well, good luck and have fun because the trap will be set when you get home!!!!!!!! affraid
butterbean
butterbean

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 18th 2015, 5:33 am

Congrats...... Better take the wife out for an evening.... It could save your life! LOL
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech September 18th 2015, 8:05 am

We have one more points race next weekend so I'm shooting for top 5.. Cool ....We just went out for an expensive dinner a week or so ago for our 13th anniversary....And I arranged for my parents to watch the kids tomorrow so she can go for supper with her friends - she never gets to go out like that so I think I'm golden...LOL...We've been together for 21yrs now, I must be a keeper! lol!
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick September 18th 2015, 9:04 am

Happy wife, happy life.

Do what you did to get there and you'll do well. Cool
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech September 20th 2015, 9:44 pm

So, I made the 900km round trip up there and back ok. My slicks are giving up so traction was fleeting at times....I lost in the first round of the team race to an 8 second car, really tight at the finish line but still a loss. I switched over to the box Gambler's race. My lights sucked bad for some reason up until that point so I took a big swing at it and pulled a bunch out of my delay box....It worked, my lights got better all afternoon and in the end I was adding time to my box to stage for the semi final in the box race. Very Happy ...Had my best light of the weekend, .514 but I had to chase it all over the track all the way to the finish line in the loss. I took 3rd place and got $130 which helped with the fuel bill. I went 10.33 on a 23 dial, I swear I drove a 1/2 mile in that pass...LOL... Rolling Eyes ....The air/track were damp this morning, it wouldn't hold my blue heap and before we got rained out I managed a 12 in qualifying Mad  and a 16.09! for the win in round one when my buddy in the other lane broke out...LOL....I had to lift when I was heading for the 330 timing sensor. affraid He didn't look for me until it was too late...We laughed our asses off about it after the run...we agreed - we both suck. lol!
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down