BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

did i do wrong?

+3
FalconEh
nitrous.f
Larry T
7 posters

Go down

did i do wrong? Empty did i do wrong?

Post  Larry T September 30th 2015, 8:51 pm

in the video the run were I ran the white mustang just after the start it spun,i caught it early and got back on it.i see a back fire in the vid could this have hurt my ring lands?should I have just let it go not to beat up the rings and pistons?

Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

did i do wrong? Empty Re: did i do wrong?

Post  nitrous.f September 30th 2015, 9:40 pm

hey larry nice pass! just watching the no mercy on youtube and seen your car and didn't realize it was your car! Shocked if you don't mine me asking whats the combo and tune with steve Johnson fogger system. what jets you running and how much timing you pulling out at the hit! got steves single fogger on mine to just looking for a starting point! will start off with a 200hp kit and a 8 spread !thanks and keep up the good work! Very Happy
nitrous.f
nitrous.f

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T September 30th 2015, 9:59 pm

this is an all aluminum c&c block 580ci 12.0cr p-51 heads chambers reworked by buck racing.we were on a .038 jet at no mercy pulling 14*total from 28*initial 7*@3500 and another 7*@5500.

we just didn have time for testing before no mercy so I put the .038 jets in it and left it alone other than adjusting on the nms controller.
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh September 30th 2015, 10:13 pm

Larry T wrote:in the video the run were I ran the white mustang just after the start it spun,i caught it early and got back on it.i see a back fire in the vid could this have hurt my ring lands?should I have just let it go not to beat up the rings and pistons?

I would say could you hurt the ring lands Yes, did you apparently not terminally as your fastest pass was after that pass. My question is; I think you stabbed it back to the floor when you got back in it true?...My take (advise) would be that if you are going to take down the prize and you feel it is worth it stab it and take your chances, but when you dissect the events happening lets say using a RPM activated NOS kit/program when you let off the RPM doesn't drop below the activation limit so the juice will come right back on, the problem is the carb is slower to react than the NOS solenoids especially the NOS which is at 900+ PSI so the nitrous gets there BEFORE the fuel, if you are comfortable getting back in it use the funny car throttle depression method and push the throttle to the floor and let the carb recover before it gets to WOT and the NOS activation switch activates the NOS. JMO
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T September 30th 2015, 10:33 pm

the runs were not in order, the pass were I got back in it was my last and sets unmolested from that run.i think I will buy a bore scope and check things out.thing is I really wanted to go to the second round and it just wasn't on my mind about getting back in to it easy lol......

my controller it set to were the fuel comes on before the nitrous but it may not do that when you resume from lifting.also the pistons are for "HEAVY" nitrous use hopeful theirs no damage.
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean September 30th 2015, 10:44 pm

Larry T wrote:this is an all aluminum c&c block 580ci 12.0cr p-51 heads chambers reworked by buck racing.we were on a .038 jet at no mercy pulling 14*total from 28*initial 7*@3500 and another 7*@5500.

we just didn have time for testing before no mercy so I put the .038 jets in it and left it alone other than adjusting on the nms controller.

How did the plugs look with that much timing pulled out? What fuel are you running?
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean September 30th 2015, 10:51 pm

Larry T wrote:the runs were not in order, the pass were I got back in it was my last and sets unmolested from that run.i think I will buy a bore scope and check things out.thing is I really wanted to go to the second round and it just wasn't on my mind about getting back in to it easy lol......

my controller it set to were the fuel comes on before the nitrous but it may not do that when you resume from lifting.also the pistons are for "HEAVY" nitrous use hopeful theirs no damage.

I have a buddy with a P51 deal that did that several times. He was spraying heavy. Eventually a piston did let go a piece at the ring land but it was sprayed heavy for quite a while before it did. He was spraying a 52 jet I think when it let go but it wasn't a backfire pass when it did. He didn't know anything had happened until he pulled the plugs and the plug for that cylinder was beat up.
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean September 30th 2015, 10:55 pm

Also on your NLR, if you have it set like mine, it resumes where you left off if you get out and back in. You can set it to start the ramp over if you want.
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T September 30th 2015, 10:59 pm

the plugs looked great,we adjusted the timeing on the per cylinder trim until the timeing was just above the radious on the strap.im sure I could have left in 1-1.5* and got that 4.80 I needed to make the 32 field but that is hine sight....actually on the last qualifing run it needed moor fuel because of the moisture in the air.
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T September 30th 2015, 11:06 pm

soupbean wrote:Also on your NLR, if you have it set like mine, it resumes where you left off if you get out and back in. You can set it to start the ramp over if you want.

I think that is correct were I last lifted in the program it will resume,this nms-1000 is a new deal for me its taking some time to get use to the all of the features.
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean September 30th 2015, 11:15 pm

Larry T wrote:
soupbean wrote:Also on your NLR, if you have it set like mine, it resumes where you left off if you get out and back in. You can set it to start the ramp over if you want.

I think that is correct were I last lifted in the program it will resume,this nms-1000 is a new deal for me its taking some time to get use to the all of the features.

I wish I had mine set to start over. Maybe my car would have settled back down a little easier. I whomped it but it "resumed" and kept coming up. Live and learn I guess.
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  soupbean September 30th 2015, 11:16 pm

What was your ramp if you don't mind me asking?
soupbean
soupbean

Back to top Go down

Post  FalconEh September 30th 2015, 11:18 pm

Larry T wrote:the runs were not in order, the pass were I got back in it was my last and sets unmolested from that run.i think I will buy a bore scope and check things out.thing is I really wanted to go to the second round and it just wasn't on my mind about getting back in to it easy lol......

These Fords are more resilient than a Timex, as for the easing back into it, being top of mind helps but like anything else the moment comes first the "I shoulda" comes after. You built a monster I am sure it can take some punishment!.
FalconEh
FalconEh

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T October 1st 2015, 9:15 pm

i use C23 fuel it is expensive @ 100.00 per 5 gallons but I want to protect it from detonation if possible.the ramp starts out @ 30 percent and is ramped in @ 1.7-2.0 seconds.
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr October 2nd 2015, 2:31 pm

That's a orange flame out the exhaust only that tells me it was( fat )gas build up in exhaust from a quick let off and right back in it....
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 October 2nd 2015, 3:28 pm

Fwiw ive peddled mine a bunch w both guns a blazin and never had it pop or hurt a thing, my timing retards have an off time of 1.00 jut to ensure the cyls are clear etc before it adds it all back ... Idk
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  gmsmkr October 2nd 2015, 3:39 pm

richter69 wrote:Fwiw ive peddled mine a bunch w both guns a blazin and never had it pop or hurt a thing, my timing retards have an off time of 1.00 jut to ensure the cyls are clear etc before it adds it all back ... Idk

^^^^^this,,,, but I was under the impression that he has his set to pick up where he let out if that's the case it loaded up for that split sec.... I could be wrong just how I'm reading it
gmsmkr
gmsmkr

Back to top Go down

Post  larry552 October 4th 2015, 1:27 pm

Larry how much does your car weigh. Car looking good in the video
larry552
larry552

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T October 4th 2015, 1:48 pm

3060lbs loaded with my tubby frame.....we had to put in 40lbs to make 3100 at no mercy.before the new all aluminum motor I had the cast iron ford motor sport block the car weighed 3250 with driver
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  larry552 October 4th 2015, 2:04 pm

Ten4
larry552
larry552

Back to top Go down

Post  larry552 October 9th 2015, 7:09 am

Larry what's the airflow on your heads int/ex
larry552
larry552

Back to top Go down

Post  Larry T October 9th 2015, 9:46 am

last year intake was said to flow over 450 average with a 6" bore adapter.no exaust numbers it dosent really matter when useing nitrous.
Larry T
Larry T

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum