BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats the Maximum u can mill the SCJ Kasses heads?

4 posters

Go down

Whats the Maximum u can mill the SCJ Kasses heads? Empty Whats the Maximum u can mill the SCJ Kasses heads?

Post  ED468 October 7th 2015, 11:31 am

Is .050 out the question? Wouldn't that be close to two points of compression Gain on a 501?

ED468

Back to top Go down

Whats the Maximum u can mill the SCJ Kasses heads? Empty Re: Whats the Maximum u can mill the SCJ Kasses heads?

Post  Lem Evans October 7th 2015, 11:47 am

Can you afford to lose .050" piston to valve clearance?

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Whats the Maximum u can mill the SCJ Kasses heads? Empty Re: Whats the Maximum u can mill the SCJ Kasses heads?

Post  Lem Evans October 7th 2015, 11:50 am

http://www.diamondracing.net/tools/

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Whats the Maximum u can mill the SCJ Kasses heads? Empty p/v clearance

Post  ED468 October 7th 2015, 12:33 pm

He already used Lindy tool and cut .150 pocket and can cut more. I doubt he need to with only 268 dur,@.050 .680 lift on a 110. I will make sure he checks and cuts to leave atleast .080- .100. I think a point of compression will really wake up footbraking and his intake is done cut, he's using two gaskets now Sad. just dont know how low the seats are and geometry issues. Is .0055 equal to 1 cc like alot of heads?? Thanks he waiting on me to let him tell machine shop.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 7th 2015, 12:55 pm

ED468 wrote:He already used Lindy tool and cut .150 pocket and can cut more. I doubt he need to with only 268 dur,@.050 .680 lift on a 110. I will make sure he checks and cuts to leave atleast .080- .100. I think a point of compression will really wake up footbraking and his intake is done cut, he's using two gaskets now Sad. just dont know how low the seats are and geometry issues. Is .0055 equal to 1 cc like alot of heads?? Thanks he waiting on me to let him tell machine shop.

.005"-.006" should get a CC.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans October 7th 2015, 12:57 pm

He cut the manifold rather than the intake side of the head?

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  ED468 October 7th 2015, 1:25 pm

YES, he not up on the new stuff. Thanks a bunch LEM, I dont like giving advice when I have no experiance Smile

ED468

Back to top Go down

Whats the Maximum u can mill the SCJ Kasses heads? Empty exhaust valve clearance

Post  ED468 October 7th 2015, 1:43 pm

He will have to definately check both valves, cam was 2 degrees retarded so its four advanced on chain. I think it be best to set it straight up now to gain intake clearance and to help start it LOL. He should gain topend with the mild grind. Is exhaust valve on these heads much of a problem with clearance with like 274 dur at .050 on 110 LSA? He hurrying to make race and need to know to order right cutter for exhaust now. Thanks.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 October 8th 2015, 12:11 pm

I've never had any issue with exhaust valve clearance, typical for std Pistons don't even have reliefs.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 October 8th 2015, 5:54 pm

ED468 wrote:He will have to definately check both valves, cam was 2 degrees retarded so its four advanced on chain. I think it be best to set it straight up now to gain intake clearance and to help start it LOL. He should gain topend with the mild grind. Is exhaust valve on these heads much of a problem with clearance with like 274 dur at .050 on 110 LSA? He hurrying to make race and need to know to order right cutter for exhaust now. Thanks.

If he was 2 retarded from straight up or zero overlap and you set it in straight up, you will lose intake valve to piston clearance. and pulling the cam forward two will move the toque peak lower not higher.
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ED468 October 12th 2015, 2:37 am

I'm usuming where the cam would be from when it was degreed in on my motor.I get on here when I cant sleep (most nights ) Sad and get kinda confused lol. It was to degrees advanced from the card NOT retarded sorry, so I decided the mild dur. would like a couple degrees the other way by moving 4 degrees, 4 is only choice. I beleive intake centerline was at 108 when finished but it been 5 yrs. Anyway retarding cam will slow the opening towards piston on exhaust stroke and should gain intake clearance. I know retarding cam 4 degrees should raise powerband. With 14to compression now I hope 1.75 point increase really helps low end , but afraid of him having cranking problems since he did some with dove heads. Its hard to keep track where him and his brother has stuff alot. I hope I said it right this time, glad its easier to do then explain it LMAO.

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down