BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinion on this engine,....

4 posters

Go down

Opinion on this engine,.... Empty Opinion on this engine,....

Post  Copperhead November 2nd 2015, 10:46 am

Had a friend of mine ask me about this,........
http://www.cnc-motorsports.com/long-blocks-4254/big-block-ford-4255/bb-ford-598-stroker-long-block-trick-flow-a460-heads-ultra-eliminator-block.html

Anybody have any experience with this company?    Doesn't seem like a bad deal,.......considering the cost of the parts in this build,...BUT,..... you never know.

Just don't want to steer him the wrong way.
Copperhead
Copperhead

Back to top Go down

Opinion on this engine,.... Empty Re: Opinion on this engine,....

Post  Curt November 2nd 2015, 10:52 am

He has good and horrible reviews. I'm not sure I would trust a builder that put a stud girdle on a BBF 4bolt main. That tells me that they think "Chevy". I would steer your friend to Oakley, Jet Boat, Kaase, G&G or someone that a BBF forum has some feedback on.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 November 2nd 2015, 11:02 am

The hydraulic roller cam and rocker stud girdle seems out of place on an engine like that to me.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Opinion on this engine,.... Empty engine

Post  Art November 2nd 2015, 12:21 pm

Not sure what your friend is looking for but, would have to agree with prior comments. If friend has any interest we maybe having our motor for sale shortly. It is an A-460 block, new grp rods, new diamond pistons, coated tops and skirts, T&D shaft rockers, bullet cam, timing belt (Danny B), crank trigger (msd) external stock car products oil pump, c-heads fully ported and matched to intake. Titanium intake valves, iconel exhaust valves, etc. Pistons and rods were new this season. Have about 20 1/8 mile passes, nitrous set up, pro systems (reworked carb by others) 1450 cfm. Any interest let me know.

Art

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down