BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Putting together a juice motor from spare parts. ?'s

+3
richter69
studly
paperman
7 posters

Go down

Putting together a juice motor from spare parts.  ?'s Empty Putting together a juice motor from spare parts. ?'s

Post  paperman November 29th 2009, 3:18 pm

Im waiting for a crank to put my big motor back together. Looking around I have a bunch of parts that should be used up before they get forgotten about. Going in a 2002 superduty 4X4, 1 ton axles and 46" rubber. C6,205, 4.56. This engine is just for learning about NOx and to hold me over till the 5?? is finished.

30 over block
L2404F pistons
no rings yet
Stock internal balance crank 10/10
Stock truck rods with good bolts
A429 CJ heads with mild port work, roller rockers
Motorsport C460 cam 595/621 244/254
Studed mains and heads.
Victor intake
No Carb

Can this be put combo be put on the bottle and if so is the assembly any different than a normal build? How big a carb does one need with NOx? Fuel system? Drill the Victor for a Fogger? Plate?

paperman

Back to top Go down

Putting together a juice motor from spare parts.  ?'s Empty Re: Putting together a juice motor from spare parts. ?'s

Post  studly November 29th 2009, 6:42 pm

Nitrous Rings Akerly n Childs HTD
Fogger if you have one
Loost Ring Gaps , Leave the piston in the whole, good gaskets Cometics
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Putting together a juice motor from spare parts.  ?'s Empty Re: Putting together a juice motor from spare parts. ?'s

Post  richter69 November 29th 2009, 7:34 pm

Sounds like a good test to see how the rods go through the block....................... good thing about throw togethers is it dont hurt so much to find out lol.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug November 29th 2009, 7:46 pm

I would never use stock reman rods on anything unless it was a daily driver, stock everything....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  sixtynineford November 29th 2009, 9:02 pm

stock rods are good for putting vent holes in blocks....

sixtynineford

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 8th 2009, 10:55 am

the Coug wrote:I would never use stock reman rods on anything unless it was a daily driver, stock everything....

Randy
Ill testify that they can hold a 110/105 tuneup and enough power for a 3065# car to go 153 in the 1/4 @ 6900 RPM for 3 seasons. Will they let go at some point? more than likely, but after 3 seasons of pounding they deserve a break anyway(no pun intended).
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno December 8th 2009, 11:36 am

holy cow Barney thats a big tune ....... are you using a progressive ??

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  Barney December 8th 2009, 11:48 am

bruno wrote:holy cow Barney thats a big tune ....... are you using a progressive ??
No progressive, I have more of a problem with keeping the front end down than I do with traction. On a smaller tire it would probably be neccessary to bring it in softer, but as of now I dont make enough power to have that problem. I did put the wheelie bars back on the car in the hopes of picking up a little ET.
Barney
Barney

http://www.hdraracingseries.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down