BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crane Cams Hi 6 Ignition Box Questions

2 posters

Go down

Crane Cams Hi 6 Ignition Box Questions Empty Crane Cams Hi 6 Ignition Box Questions

Post  billandlori February 22nd 2016, 2:34 pm

Hey guys,

My son gave me a Crane Cams Fireball Hi 6 ignition control box. It didn't have the instructions with it so I got a copy from Crane's site. The problem is the distributor wires aren't the same color as they show in the manual.

What I have is Heavy Red + Heavy Black to Bat + and -. Small Red to ignition +, small Green to Tach, small Blue and White wires not used and taped up. There is also a cable with a Red and Black wire that is shielded. The manual doesn't mention anything about the shielded wires, but shows there should be a Violet and Green twisted pair that goes to the Orange and Purple wires on the Ford distributor.

I'm thinking that they must have changed the wire colors at some point and I don't want to fry this box by hooking something up wrong lol!!

If any of y'all have worked with one of these before, I would appreciate any advice!!

Thanks
Bill

billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Crane Cams Hi 6 Ignition Box Questions Empty Re: Crane Cams Hi 6 Ignition Box Questions

Post  aquartlow February 23rd 2016, 9:13 am

I have a Crane HI-6 box w/LX-92 coil with the older style instruction manual(newer manuals seem to leave out/omit, some useful older model info), hopefully I can help. What brand/type of distributor are you using?

This may help: http://www.cranecams.com/uploads/instructions/9000-6000e_.pdf
aquartlow
aquartlow

Back to top Go down

Crane Cams Hi 6 Ignition Box Questions Empty Re: Crane Cams Hi 6 Ignition Box Questions

Post  billandlori February 23rd 2016, 4:57 pm

Thanks for the link!! That has some different info that the new instructions!

I will be using the DuraSpark distributor, so I need to use the "Mag Pick-up" wires (Green and Violet). My shielded wires are Red and Black.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum