BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

514 ci,

+2
jeffgfg
cesarperez
6 posters

Go down

514 ci, Empty 514 ci,

Post  cesarperez March 17th 2016, 7:53 pm

just bought a 514 ci. boss motor with a lenco 4 speed it looks and was told its a x-prostock motor. it has a roller cam-sheetmetal intake 2.5x4.5 headers-a 4 stage drysump system it was in a x prostock thunderbird from the 1980,s it has hollman-moody-parts the guy i bought from got it from his dad past away . he told me it makes a 1056 hp. the problem iam having i want to iliminate the drysump system and put an inside pan pump. i called kasse told him i wanted to get rid of the drysump and someone there told me that maybe my block was a hollman-moody-race block and if it is i only could use the dry sump. i tried to talk to kasse a bunch of times but no suscess how can i find out this information. thanks

cesarperez

Back to top Go down

514 ci, Empty Re: 514 ci,

Post  jeffgfg March 17th 2016, 8:20 pm

Post pictures of the block and any casting numbers that you find on it. That is the only way to be sure.

jeffgfg

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 17th 2016, 10:21 pm

cesarperez wrote:just bought a 514 ci. boss motor  with a lenco 4 speed  it looks and was told its a x-prostock motor. it has a roller cam-sheetmetal intake 2.5x4.5 headers-a 4 stage drysump system it was in a x prostock thunderbird from the 1980,s it has hollman-moody-parts the guy i bought from got it from his dad past away . he told me it makes a 1056 hp. the problem iam having i want to iliminate the drysump system and put an inside pan pump. i called kasse  told him i wanted to get rid of the drysump and someone there told me that maybe my block was a hollman-moody-race block and if it is i only could use the dry sump. i tried to talk to kasse a bunch of times but no suscess  how can i find out this information. thanks

That is simply not true ... you can always use an external pump wet sump with a "no internal pump provision" block like that.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 March 17th 2016, 10:43 pm

Why drop the dry sump? confused
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

514 ci, Empty boss

Post  cesarperez March 17th 2016, 11:02 pm

space--iam building a nostalgic prostock maverick with mustang 2 frontend

cesarperez

Back to top Go down

Post  whatbumper March 17th 2016, 11:08 pm

All my small block turbo guys run an SVO dry sump block with a Peterson external single stage pump. Takes up a lot less room than a dry sump deal plus you can drive a fuel pump off the back of it.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

514 ci, Empty boss

Post  cesarperez March 17th 2016, 11:32 pm

i run mopars dont no much about fords i will have to do some homework and will need help from this forum. thanks

cesarperez

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 March 18th 2016, 12:13 am

cesarperez wrote:just bought a 514 ci. boss motor  with a lenco 4 speed  it looks and was told its a x-prostock motor. it has a roller cam-sheetmetal intake 2.5x4.5 headers-a 4 stage drysump system it was in a x prostock thunderbird from the 1980,s it has hollman-moody-parts the guy i bought from got it from his dad past away . he told me it makes a 1056 hp. the problem iam having i want to iliminate the drysump system and put an inside pan pump. i called kasse  told him i wanted to get rid of the drysump and someone there told me that maybe my block was a hollman-moody-race block and if it is i only could use the dry sump. i tried to talk to kasse a bunch of times but no suscess  how can i find out this information. thanks

did it have an intake that was all welded like crazy, I know that engine, fact I have a better intake here for it,that was on it, the guy who owned itbefore the guy you bought it off of ,and put it in the tbird is a friend/cust

prob just had 1 4500 dom on it right now?

Last edited by BOSS 429 on March 18th 2016, 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 March 18th 2016, 12:15 am

rmcomprandy wrote:

That is simply not true ... you can always use an external pump wet sump with a "no internal pump provision" block like that.

not if the the pump mount area is cut off which was done a lot back then
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 18th 2016, 9:57 am

BOSS 429 wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:

not if the the pump mount area is cut off which was done a lot back then

If it has a dry sump pump on it ... it can certainly accept an EXTERNAL single stage wet sump pump. You don't need any internal oil pump mount on the block in either case.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 March 18th 2016, 10:23 am

the problem iam having i want to iliminate the drysump system and put an inside pan pump.

If it has a dry sump pump on it ... it can certainly accept an EXTERNAL single stage wet sump pump. You don't need any internal oil pump mount on the block in either case.[/quote]

right, like a PETERSON WET VAC. Im talking about the internal mounting boss milled off, the op asked about  an inside the pan pump

BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy March 19th 2016, 5:30 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:the problem iam having i want to iliminate the drysump system and put an inside pan pump.

If it has a dry sump pump on it ... it can certainly accept an EXTERNAL single stage wet sump pump. You don't need any internal oil pump mount on the block in either case.

right, like a PETERSON WET VAC. Im talking about the internal mounting boss milled off, the op asked about  an inside the pan pump

[/quote]

I must have misunderstood.  I was commenting on what he said he was told; that he couldn't get rid of the dry sump.
I thought that what he wanted to do and what he was told were two different things.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 March 19th 2016, 9:31 pm

If I reb right that block has the oil filter boss complete milled off also, been a while since I saw it.

IF its the one I think it is, The guy who use to own it was here today.
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum