BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Much of a Power gain swapping to P51 Heads...

+10
rmcomprandy
Carl
68formalGT
gmsmkr
BigRigTech
IDT-572
FalconEh
Dave De
supervel45
514F-1
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How Much of a Power gain swapping to P51 Heads... - Page 2 Empty Re: How Much of a Power gain swapping to P51 Heads...

Post  whitefield April 7th 2016, 7:01 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Probe is closed. CHP was sold and moved to Al.

LGM Racing and Development shared Coast High Performance's photo.
February 27 ·
It's official! Lot of work ahead of us!
Coast High Performance's photo.

The pic of the building didn't download but LGM bought probe / coast high performance !
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

How Much of a Power gain swapping to P51 Heads... - Page 2 Empty Re: How Much of a Power gain swapping to P51 Heads...

Post  Carl April 7th 2016, 11:25 pm

This is what I know.....

I tried to email/PM Mark, no reply.

I tried to call Probe, and the phones were forwarded to somebody in TN, who told me Probe was shut down, and he was helping out in the short term.  He said Probe may be moving to Alabama, and asked if would I be interesting in buying any piston manufacturing equipment located on SoCal.  He said Coast High was going to the continue regardless, and they weren't sure what they were going to do about a piston supplier.

Then, I start getting calls from former employees of Probe who I talked to on a regular basis, letting me know they're now working here and there.

For me....when a parts manufacturer may or may not be in business next week, I can't use their parts because there's nobody to stand behind the product.

For the record, I really liked Probe pistons, and Mark.  Great guy to deal with, great product at any price, and he was always went above and beyond in our dealings.  I feel lucky for having dealt with him at all.  Whatever happened, I hope he gets it worked out, and I wish him the best going forward, no matter what form that may take.

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller April 8th 2016, 12:20 am

Carl wrote:This is what I know.....

I tried to call Probe, and the phones were forwarded to somebody in TN, who told me Probe was shut down, and he was helping out in the short term.  He said Probe may be moving to Alabama, and asked if would I be interesting in buying any piston manufacturing equipment located on SoCal.  He said Coast High was going to the continue regardless, and they weren't sure what they were going to do about a piston supplier.

Then, I start getting calls from former employees of Probe who I talked to on a regular basis, letting me know they're now working here and there.

For me....when a parts manufacturer may or may not be in business next week, I can't use their parts because there's nobody to stand behind the product.

For the record, I really liked Probe pistons, and Mark.  Great guy to deal with, great product at any price, and he was always went above and beyond in our dealings.  I feel lucky for having dealt with him at all.  Whatever happened, I hope he gets it worked out, and I wish him the best going forward, no matter what form that may take.

Mark O'Neal,if so i've seen him posting on YB the last couple of days?

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  whitefield April 8th 2016, 12:46 am

Mark Miller wrote:
Carl wrote:This is what I know.....

Mark O'Neal,if so i've seen him posting on YB the last couple of days?

X2 ^^^^
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 April 8th 2016, 1:09 am

Carl wrote:
68formalGT wrote:
BigRigTech wrote:
supervel45 wrote:I see what you are doing and it makes perfect sense to me. Flycuts are no big deal and pretty cheap. Those Carls pistons where a hell of a deal, I should have picked up a set while he had them but they where for a 472 I believe.
I have a set of those dual fly-cut Probes in my 472. My "Freelander" A429's are milled to 62cc so our compression math came out to 11.4:1. I run 100 octane AV gas in mine.

I think he's(if we're talking about Carl) getting those pistons from Diamond now.

Yes, Diamond is my source for those pistons now.  We can do any dual relief combination needed on any piston, 429/460/521/557, with OEM/SCJ, SCJ/AFR, OEM/AFR, OEM/A460, etc.

We did a large run of several sets of 460 pistons with those dual reliefs from Probe, but they just weren't all that popular, even at the insanely low price we sold them for, so we didn't do any more big runs like that with Probe, and now Probe is gone, so we have them made one set at a time by Diamond at about twice the price.  I might be able to have them made by Racetec, but nowhere near the low price that we were doing with Probe.  If you guys haven't looked around lately, forged pistons have really gone up in price, even the old two-ton specials from Speed Pro.

I wish I had 8 bills laying around when you had that deal going Carl, I would have two sets in the closet, that was the sweetest deal I have ever seen on BBF pistons and still regret not trying harder to get a set for later.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 8th 2016, 9:38 am

"Lem,

I suppose you’ve heard that I closed Probe. Shelton Barrs has taken CHP"

A quote from an email I received from Mark O'Neal March 21st 2016.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 8th 2016, 10:15 am

Lem Evans wrote:"Lem,

I suppose you’ve heard that I closed Probe. Shelton Barrs has taken CHP"

A quote from an email I received from Mark O'Neal March 21st 2016.

WOW ... I talked with him on the phone at the end of February and he told me something different.  I guess Mark figured the proposed move was not a good thing to do for Probe.

He did say, more than once, that doing business in California was a losing proposition.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans April 8th 2016, 10:24 am

It's just a case of the pending Probe sale not happening.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane April 8th 2016, 2:23 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:WOW ...He did say, more than once, that doing business in California was a losing proposition.
Ugh, the ever increasing number of biz hurdles in CA...seriously where do I begin???

And by the way it trickles down all the way to the consumer level: I've recently heard, for example, that Valvoline has to pull their VR-1 off the shelves in CA...it cannot be sold here anymore.  Grrrrr

I have one...last...personal family matter that keeps me in this shit hole. After that, the scales tip...<--strike that...SLAM in the other direction.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 April 8th 2016, 2:27 pm

^^^^HeHeHE
All you fuckers want to move to Texas and then change it here like to like it was where you came from, LoL. Just giving you shit Paul, HaHa. My Icons aren't working.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT April 8th 2016, 2:40 pm

Paul Kane wrote:
rmcomprandy wrote:WOW ...He did say, more than once, that doing business in California was a losing proposition.
Ugh, the ever increasing number of biz hurdles in CA...seriously where do I begin???

Valvoline has to pull their VR-1 off the shelves in CA...it cannot be sold here anymore.  Grrrrr

Was that including the silver bottle? O'Riley's stopped selling the black bottle synthetic here last year.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller April 9th 2016, 1:10 am

Paul Kane wrote:

And by the way it trickles down all the way to the consumer level: I've recently heard, for example, that Valvoline has to pull their VR-1 off the shelves in CA...it cannot be sold here anymore.  Grrrrr

I have one...last...personal family matter that keeps me in this shit hole. After that, the scales tip...<--strike that...SLAM in the other direction.

Paul,is that because the VR-1 has Zinc in it?

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De April 9th 2016, 12:16 pm

My brother moved from San Diego Ca to Milford Mi and got the equivalent raise of 20% even with his income reduced.
I wish Mark could have moved Probe to a friendly state like Nevada or somewhere in the mid-west.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  Carl April 9th 2016, 6:18 pm

Paul Kane wrote:Ugh, the ever increasing number of biz hurdles in CA...seriously where do I begin???

And they're all moving to Denver.  It was something like 10,000 people a month moving to Colorado from California last summer.  Mostly they're settling along the front range from Denver up to the Wyoming boarder, but they're starting to filter down our way too.  Not as many coming south though, because the "weed" isn't really part of the culture down here.

I'm thinking Mark may have made the right move at the right time.

Carl

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 April 9th 2016, 7:23 pm

Wetbacks can re-own Kali and the Union will be a better place.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  BigRigTech April 9th 2016, 10:00 pm

When I built my 472" I priced some Probe and KB pistons here. My local supplier who does mostly chevy stuff shit all over Probe. "You need KB"...I only had so much money left so $399 for a set of Carl's Probes was a no brainer. So far so good. Hopefully Probe gets up and running again at some point.
BigRigTech
BigRigTech

Back to top Go down

Post  68formalGT April 9th 2016, 10:24 pm

Carl wrote:
Paul Kane wrote:Ugh, the ever increasing number of biz hurdles in CA...seriously where do I begin???

And they're all moving to Denver.  It was something like 10,000 people a month moving to Colorado from California last summer.  Mostly they're settling along the front range from Denver up to the Wyoming boarder, but they're starting to filter down our way too.  Not as many coming south though, because the "weed" isn't really part of the culture down here.

I'm thinking Mark may have made the right move at the right time.

Up to 1,000 "immigrants" moving to Colorado a day for the green rush.
68formalGT
68formalGT

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 April 9th 2016, 11:03 pm

HaHa Peace Breaux, LoL. It's just too funny I had to. Cool

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2