BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Street out laws Derick wrecked to night.

5 posters

Go down

Street out laws Derick wrecked to night.  Empty Street out laws Derick wrecked to night.

Post  dr's wife racing May 29th 2016, 1:00 am

I haven't been to my local track in almost 2 yrs because of the crap track prep. They said they were were going to do better and wanted local people back. They ask us small tire guys to come back. They did a good job with the track.
Derick and Freakenricon were there 3rd pass I think Derick stood his car up got a little crossed up but got back in it and just knocked the wall down at about the 330 ft. He was okay they said but the silver unit looked done to me. It took a hard shot.
He seemed to be pretty like able guy. I talked with him a bit He was tuning his own car Others said those guys were there just to make a couple pass's I have to give Derick ant Ricen credit they were taken call outs. They were there there to race. Sorry to see anybody's ride end up like that.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Street out laws Derick wrecked to night.  Empty Re: Street out laws Derick wrecked to night.

Post  whatbumper May 29th 2016, 12:06 pm

It's a full tube chassis car. Everything can be fixed. Derek is a nice guy and we had the pleasure to do business with him for two seasons. Nothing on this car is from me except the batteries though. He'll get it back together.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

Street out laws Derick wrecked to night.  Empty Re: Street out laws Derick wrecked to night.

Post  dr's wife racing May 29th 2016, 12:48 pm

Maybe he can. It hit hard. It went in with pipes lit up. It had a lot of angle the way it hit. It stood up and was way out toward center line when he got back in it. I'm not sure why he got back in it. That's always easy to say when your not driving.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 29th 2016, 2:16 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:Maybe  he can. It hit hard. It went in with pipes lit up. It had a lot of angle the way it hit. It stood up and was way out toward center line when he got back in it. I'm not sure why he got back in it. That's always easy to say when your not driving.

It was only a matter of time ... I'm really glad no one else got hurt.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 May 29th 2016, 2:54 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
dr's wife racing wrote:Maybe  he can. It hit hard. It went in with pipes lit up. It had a lot of angle the way it hit. It stood up and was way out toward center line when he got back in it. I'm not sure why he got back in it. That's always easy to say when your not driving.

It was only a matter of time ... I'm really glad no one else got hurt.

One thing you will not see me get back in mine if it gets out of shape no race is worth messing up a ride. I know some hate loosing I just can't see screwing up your ride and still loose. I know I have to much time and money just to take another chance of getting out of shape just to get right back on it unless I am trying to save it.
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 May 29th 2016, 9:54 pm

He will find someone to rebuild it for nothing,he is a tv star!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing May 30th 2016, 12:24 am

I left right after the wreck I just talked to my buddy that I was up there with. He looked at the car and said he it is fixable. Will prob need new frame rails. I'm pretty sure Greg Blades did the chassis. Prob already in the shop. He is near Huntsville.
Said he was ok but tweaked his back some.
I hope they keep working the track. It was the best I've seen it in yrs. my buddies car went 4.98 @ 140 mph with a small block one kit 28/10.5. It was hurt. It broke a lifter. Cam was all banged up. Stuck another one it but it was gaining lash so profile had to be wiped Out.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down