BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Guy from St Louis MO.

3 posters

Go down

New Guy from St Louis MO.  Empty New Guy from St Louis MO.

Post  Damo4 June 7th 2016, 1:53 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have a 1969 429 out of a Thunderbird that I am starting to Rebuild to put into a 65 Galaxie w/ C6 transmission and 3.00 posi. Not looking to have a race  track car but would like to shut down a few of the guys that pull up next to my worn out 352 and rev their engines.

The 429 engine looks to be in pretty good shape after taking off the exhaust, intake, and heads, and I am on a bit of a budget. The four things I am planning on changing are:

add headers
new intake
new hydraulic roller cam
new carb

I am going to keep the existing C8VE heads. Will I need new pistons to change the compression ratio from 10.5:1 to 9:5:1?

This is my first build and although I have been getting some info from the web, I thought it would be best to come to the experts. Any advice you guys can give I will certainly appreciate.

Thanks,

Damo

Damo4

Back to top Go down

New Guy from St Louis MO.  Empty Re: New Guy from St Louis MO.

Post  bruno June 24th 2016, 2:43 pm

welcome to the site, im going to move this to the engine tech section so you can get some advice.

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

New Guy from St Louis MO.  Empty Be carefull

Post  DanE June 24th 2016, 8:50 pm

With a small cube 429 and a 3.0 gear, you must be careful on your choices or you will not have enough low end torque to be quick. You need to do a search on this site about the items you listed that you are going to purchase. And further more, maybe you should list here what you are thinking of purchasing before you buy so as not to ending up with a "dog".

For instance - A stealth intake would be wrong for your usages.
-A hydraulic roller cam is frowned upon because of the poor valve train geometry cause by
the tall hydraulic roller lifter.

We would like you to be a happy camper when this project is said and done.

DanE

Back to top Go down

New Guy from St Louis MO.  Empty Re: New Guy from St Louis MO.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down