BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good weekend with good folks!

+14
IDT-572
Moodyblues
514Fox87
bbf-falcon
Lem Evans
rmcomprandy
QtrWarrior
61coon
83-88T-Bird Guy
biglucky
Race Ready Fabrications
maverick
dr's wife racing
cool40
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Good weekend with good folks! Empty Good weekend with good folks!

Post  cool40 June 11th 2016, 8:52 pm

My first bash experience at us 60 was great! Thanks to all the folks who put this deal on every year and to those that sponsor it! I will be making plans for next year! Cool hopefully everyone has a safe trip home!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Good weekend with good folks! Empty Re: Good weekend with good folks!

Post  dr's wife racing June 11th 2016, 8:59 pm

a nicely said Lee.
Finally got mine settled down and making laps today.
Hope yours is not hurt.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 11th 2016, 9:03 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:a nicely said Lee.
Finally got mine settled down and making laps today.
Hope yours is not hurt.
I hate you've had so much trouble with it.im thinking I have an intake gasket issue from it backfiring.
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 11th 2016, 10:01 pm

cool40 wrote:My first bash experience at us 60 was great! Thanks to all the folks who put this deal on every year and to those that sponsor it! I will be making plans for next year! Cool  hopefully everyone has a safe trip home!

Lee, somehow I didn't manage to get by your pit to shoot the s%#t. I used up a powerglide and had a ball doing it, tho. Wink Anybody got a good set of 1.69 or 1.76 planetaries for sale? Razz

There were 2 of us flogging the car and fixing my truck...stayed busy. That much fun might be illegal one day. Terrific bunch of guys.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications June 11th 2016, 10:19 pm

We had a blast! It's always fun to see everyone. Can't wait until next year!!!
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 11th 2016, 10:26 pm

maverick wrote:
cool40 wrote:My first bash experience at us 60 was great! Thanks to all the folks who put this deal on every year and to those that sponsor it! I will be making plans for next year! Cool  hopefully everyone has a safe trip home!

Lee, somehow I didn't manage to get by your pit to shoot the s%#t.  I used up a powerglide and had a ball doing it, tho. Wink Anybody got a good set of 1.69 or 1.76 planetaries for sale? Razz

There were 2 of us flogging the car and fixing my truck...stayed busy.  That much fun might be illegal one day.  Terrific bunch of guys.
sorry about your glide issue,maybe next time we'll have more time to socialize!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 11th 2016, 10:35 pm

cool40 wrote:
maverick wrote:

Lee, somehow I didn't manage to get by your pit to shoot the s%#t.  I used up a powerglide and had a ball doing it, tho. Wink Anybody got a good set of 1.69 or 1.76 planetaries for sale? Razz

There were 2 of us flogging the car and fixing my truck...stayed busy.  That much fun might be illegal one day.  Terrific bunch of guys.
sorry about your glide issue,maybe next time we'll have more time to socialize!

No worries on the trans. Got a guy at home already sourcing my parts.

Anyway, we got in 15 and 1 tenth passes Wink First gear went away about 30' out...I think my tongue hit the windshield. Razz
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 11th 2016, 10:42 pm

Laughing unfortunately I can relate! I had a very sick feeling when I hit the starter and mine locked up! Embarassed pale
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 11th 2016, 10:43 pm

cool40 wrote:Laughing unfortunately I can relate! I had a very sick feeling when I hit the starter and mine locked up! Embarassed pale

Yowzer. Prognosis?
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 11th 2016, 10:45 pm

Mike (gmsmkr) just sent me a pic of his car loaded on the trailer behind his truck. Shocked

I told him he was a smidgeon late. Wink sure wish he could've been there.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 11th 2016, 10:54 pm

maverick wrote:
cool40 wrote:Laughing unfortunately I can relate! I had a very sick feeling when I hit the starter and mine locked up! Embarassed pale

Yowzer. Prognosis?
I'm hoping intake gasket. It coughed pretty hard when I was starting it then after that round I found water in #5. After some encouraging from a few folks smarter than me I drained the water and made another hit! I turned on the red light but did print another 4.99 so it can't be hurt,I hope? Suspect
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  maverick June 11th 2016, 11:06 pm

cool40 wrote:
maverick wrote:

Yowzer. Prognosis?
I'm hoping intake gasket. It coughed pretty hard when I was starting it then after that round I found water in #5. After some encouraging from a few folks smarter than me I drained the water and made another hit! I turned on the red light but did print another 4.99 so it can't be hurt,I hope? Suspect

Sounds like a minor deal. Laughing Cool

My glide sounded like a coffee can full of rocks...until it fell silent. I gues it ran out of stuff to throw into the pan. Rolling Eyes
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  biglucky June 11th 2016, 11:39 pm

Great Ford weekend that is getting better every year.Hope everyone had as good a time as i did catching up with old friends and meeting some for the first time.I thought it was funny to hear some of the locals saying Friday what the hell are all of these Ford guy's doing here.Be safe and see you next year.
biglucky
biglucky

Back to top Go down

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy June 12th 2016, 12:44 am

Lee:
It was good meeting you and seeing your Mustang. Pretty impressive how fast and consistent it is !

I had a great time and got to meet some more members on the board here.

A big thanks to Wes and family as well as all the sponsors that help support this event.

Hope to see everyone again next year Smile
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  61coon June 12th 2016, 10:59 am

Had an awesome time Lee! I don't think I've ever seen a car that fast and that consistent. That '69 is a bad machine for sure! I seriously think it's an intake gasket on the bullet also. Don't worry about the red light, everybody does it. Lol.
61coon
61coon

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior June 12th 2016, 12:02 pm

Kim and Lee...
It was good to meet you guys !!!!
Sorry you had issues, I've been there before...
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 12th 2016, 12:43 pm

83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:Lee:
It was good meeting you and seeing your Mustang. Pretty impressive how fast and consistent it is !

A big thanks to Wes and family as well as all the sponsors that help support this event.

I was mesmerized from watching Lee's car.  
I am pretty sure he went 4.99 three times with water in the engine and once with no water, a 4.98 once, and letting off he went 5.04 at like 70 miles per hour.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Race Ready Fabrications June 12th 2016, 1:14 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
83-88T-Bird Guy wrote:Lee:

I was mesmerized from watching Lee's car.  
I am pretty sure he went 4.99 three times with water in the engine and once with no water, a 4.98 once, and letting off he went 5.04 at like 70 miles per hour.

Lee's car was an impressive time slip printer fo sho and I nice guy to boot!!
Race Ready Fabrications
Race Ready Fabrications

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 12th 2016, 2:16 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was probably the best time I've had at any race even though I didn't win anything and had trouble. I wouldn't have made the last attempt without the help of 61coon! He hunted up a tow vehicle while Blake helped me get it ready to go and not sure who loaned it to us but thank you! Very Happy I made 5 passes all together, 4.99 three times in a row,5.04 lifted early,and 4.99 without water Laughing that's from midday to midnight!
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans June 12th 2016, 4:13 pm

The engine is lighter w/o water....the car should have ran a 4.98 w/o water Razz

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon June 12th 2016, 4:21 pm

cool40 wrote:Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was probably the best time I've had at any race even though I didn't win anything and had trouble. I wouldn't have made the last attempt without the help of 61coon! He hunted up a tow vehicle while Blake helped me get it ready to go and not sure who loaned it to us but thank you! Very Happy  I made 5 passes all together, 4.99 three times in a row,5.04 lifted early,and 4.99 without water Laughing that's from midday to midnight!

Lee,i have said this many times.If you've never attended this event and hung out w/these guys,you don't have a clue how much fun it is.hate that I missed it. Next year.

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 12th 2016, 4:44 pm

Lem Evans wrote:The engine is lighter w/o water....the car should have ran a 4.98 w/o water Razz
It was gona run faster when I put super unleaded in it. Razz
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dr's wife racing June 12th 2016, 6:06 pm

cool40 wrote:Thanks everyone for the kind words. It was probably the best time I've had at any race even though I didn't win anything and had trouble. I wouldn't have made the last attempt without the help of 61coon! He hunted up a tow vehicle while Blake helped me get it ready to go and not sure who loaned it to us but thank you! Very Happy  I made 5 passes all together, 4.99 three times in a row,5.04 lifted early,and 4.99 without water Laughing that's from midday to midnight!

Thank you for not saying who you lifted early on. But some of us know. Lol.
Buy the time I ran you my car had 9 whle pass's on it. I expected to have a few bugs. That front limiter that was hung up threw Me a loop.
It ran good sat. Went 5.68 at 124 on foot brake motor only. I dialed it back to 5.70s it was very consists at that.
Note to self. 2x4's , 3.55 gear, TIGHT nos converter is not the way to go for a foot brake car. My leg still hurts from holding the brake.
dr's wife racing
dr's wife racing
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 June 12th 2016, 6:41 pm

dr's wife racing wrote:

Thank you for not saying who you lifted early on. But some of us know. Lol.
Buy the time I ran you my car had 9 whle pass's on it. I expected to have a few bugs. That front limiter that was hung up threw Me a loop.
It ran good sat. Went 5.68 at 124 on foot brake motor only. I dialed it back to 5.70s it was very consists at that.
Note to self. 2x4's , 3.55 gear, TIGHT nos converter is not the way to go for a foot brake car. My leg still hurts from holding the brake.
you have all the pieces to go fast when it's all sorted out and I'm sure you'll get it! I'd like to thank David Cole for giving me every opportunity to stay in the race. He knew I had to dump the water out so he didn't mess around on the starting line. Wink
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  514Fox87 June 12th 2016, 7:46 pm

Lee it was great meeting you. What a deadly consistent car! Hopefully it isn't hurt very bad. I had a great time even though I've yet to win a round in KY. But I will say I had the ride of my life Fri. night one I hope never to experience again. Luckily I only have bent header tubes, busted starter and high gear clutches in the two speed. I forget who said it but the clutches in my trans probably burnt up from no oil. It was all in the tail shaft.
514Fox87
514Fox87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next