BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

foxbody strut towers coilovers and bbf

3 posters

Go down

foxbody strut towers coilovers and bbf  Empty foxbody strut towers coilovers and bbf

Post  70429scj November 23rd 2016, 6:06 am

Guys most of you that saw my post lately im converting my 88 tbird to street duty from bracket car sbf to bbf im putting the front suspension back together with factory coil springs and i know theres guys that run coilovers on the street with 460s has anyone broke the top of the strut towers from pounding the streets with a coil over setup? I do have m&m caster camber plates and just keep looking at the towers and theres not much there and wondering if its ever happened. My streets here a smooth as glass compared to most northern winter salt streets and i do plan on clocking some miles so i had to ask but as its been said springs are for holding up the weight and struts do the work so maybe just a good strut might cure what im worried about any suggestions on manufacturer would be helpful.
Thanks
Steve
70429scj
70429scj

Back to top Go down

foxbody strut towers coilovers and bbf  Empty Re: foxbody strut towers coilovers and bbf

Post  jbozzelle November 23rd 2016, 7:15 pm

Do you have the plates off? Those towers are thicker than some think. I haven't heard of any issues with the Fox chassis guys I know if.

My biggest problem on the last two cars is there isn't enough room for the upper spring mount to lay the strut all the way back and in to get the camber right with a shorter control arm in order to tuck the tires in the fender a bit....

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

foxbody strut towers coilovers and bbf  Empty Re: foxbody strut towers coilovers and bbf

Post  whatbumper November 23rd 2016, 9:29 pm

Don't worry about it. The top of the strut tower is stronger than the caster camber plates most likely.

whatbumper

Back to top Go down

foxbody strut towers coilovers and bbf  Empty thanks

Post  70429scj November 26th 2016, 1:36 am

Was getting ready to shoot myself in the foot big time then. If i had not been t day i would posted a add selling my complete front suspension brakes spindles adj struts coilovers as a package deal thats all been bolted on run a few times and taken off u guys saved me some money,  just going to change spring rates with different struts and sell brakes and spindles and adj struts. John i when building this was worried also because this has the longer 94 mustang style control arm to start with and i never went to a tubular lower used maximum motorsports c&c Thunderbird plates and it has worked like it should. So being as smart as i am i invested the control arm funds into lighter weight bogart r/t wheels and the are just inside the fender a tad but as it goes for me the wheels are now for sale because even though they can be used on the street i had a costly issue with a tire shop that made my  first set of rear wheels look like a 0 instead of a circle and props to rich at bogart for saving my ass and fixing those and selling me another set of rears at a discount then giving the repaired ones to my brother and i cant stand the thought of that again cause im pretty sure id have a jumpsuit on after that so i will  take my losses now and use some pro stars maybe cause they have withstood my portly Torino for many years with no problems. So see i have it figured out i buy something expensive and basically give it away later so i  don't have to known were my money went. Sad
Steve
Cant say thanks enough for the answers and info on this forum!!!
70429scj
70429scj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down