BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scj head porting

2 posters

Go down

Scj head porting Empty Scj head porting

Post  fordmonsta December 20th 2016, 7:18 pm

I'm fixing to pull my 552 out of the fairlane and throw some flat tops in it while it's apart I wanna do some port work on the heads they are the Frpp scj heads is there any one part that I should focus on such as short turn on the intake or exhaust I'm also going to do the back cuts on the valves

fordmonsta

Back to top Go down

Scj head porting Empty Re: Scj head porting

Post  rmcomprandy December 20th 2016, 8:59 pm

fordmonsta wrote:I'm fixing to pull my 552 out of the fairlane and throw some flat tops in it while it's apart I wanna do some port work on the heads they are the Frpp scj heads is there any one part that I should focus on such as short turn on the intake or exhaust I'm also going to do the back cuts on the valves

Well,  when you machine the places which add most of the airflow you will tend to find water.  

To be pretty safe ... Remove most of the pushrod bump in the intake runners, machine the wall away behind the pushrod bump into the bowl as mush as you dare and pull back and lower slightly the short side radius near the exhaust port then round the entire short turn

Don't lower the exhaust short turn other than to round it. Pull back the wall behind the head bolt hole.

Anything else and you will probably need a welder.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  fordmonsta December 20th 2016, 9:04 pm

Thanks for the info

fordmonsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down