BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Guy Temecula CA

5 posters

Go down

New Guy Temecula CA Empty New Guy Temecula CA

Post  ebell65@verizon.net February 3rd 2017, 12:39 pm

Hello,  I'm new to the site.  I live in Southern Ca, Temecula.  I am in the process of buying the car I grew up with.  It is a 1978 Ford Country Squire wagon.  It has a 460 in it.  I plan to lean heavily on this site for help/direction on hopping up the motor a bit.  I will be a sleeper.  I don't want 1000hp (yet), but looking for 500-700hp.  
I will post pics as I get going on this project.

Ed

Last edited by ebell65@verizon.net on February 12th 2017, 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : CHanged 100 hp to 1000hp)

ebell65@verizon.net

Back to top Go down

New Guy Temecula CA Empty Re: New Guy Temecula CA

Post  maverick February 3rd 2017, 3:33 pm

Shocked Now THAT is a land yacht! I guess you're gonna want to build a low rpm grunt monster for a boat like that. CA emissions laws gonna be a problem?

Btw....Welcome.
maverick
maverick
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino February 3rd 2017, 4:04 pm

maverick wrote:Shocked Now THAT is a land yacht!  I guess you're gonna want to build a low rpm grunt monster for a boat like that.  CA emissions laws gonna be a problem?

Btw....Welcome.

Yes. He will need to get an illegal smog cert. Everything 1975 and newer is subject to the inspections.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

New Guy Temecula CA Empty Yes on the smog

Post  ebell65@verizon.net February 3rd 2017, 5:04 pm

BBFTorino wrote:
maverick wrote:Shocked Now THAT is a land yacht!  I guess you're gonna want to build a low rpm grunt monster for a boat like that.  CA emissions laws gonna be a problem?

Btw....Welcome.

Yes. He will need to get an illegal smog cert. Everything 1975 and newer is subject to the inspections.

Yup, I do the option to register in Wisconsin. Seller is trying to find the title. It is a one owner car. The owner lived in CA when he purchased the car new, had to buy it out of state in order to buy a car with a 460. The car spent it's life in Lake Havasu City at his lake house. The sun has been really hard on it, but the car is rust free and has good bones. Will be a fun project for me. I thought about leaving the exterior as is with the desert patina and fixing up the engine and drive line. It has C6 and 9 inch rearend, so good start on things.

ebell65@verizon.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 February 11th 2017, 2:15 pm

Need a build thread on this one, sounds like a blast
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Gregaust February 12th 2017, 3:27 am

Nice area down there , I went there years ago to get some parts from DSC motorsport had a shop there. Cool project Cool

Gregaust

Back to top Go down

New Guy Temecula CA Empty Cant wait to start this project.

Post  ebell65@verizon.net February 12th 2017, 9:20 pm

Gregaust wrote:Nice area down there , I went there years ago to get some parts from DSC motorsport had a shop there. Cool project Cool

My wife tells me I need a hobby, I can't afford the Cigarette Top Gun I want so the BBF Country Squire will have to do.
Owner is having problems finding the title... I will get it but it may take a little time. I will post some pics and video once I get it home and ripping around the ranch...

ebell65@verizon.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum