BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Split dominators

3 posters

Go down

Split dominators Empty Split dominators

Post  cool40 February 7th 2017, 10:03 pm

I'm looking at trying carbs on my 605. I don't have any yet and would like some input before I do anything. I'm looking at split BLP's IF it's worth the extra trouble and cost.if not the standard dual setup will be ok. I also have a QFX 1450 and new tfs intake to use if it'll get me quicker et's. Let's hear it! study
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Split dominators Empty Re: Split dominators

Post  Scott Foxwell February 7th 2017, 10:12 pm

cool40 wrote:I'm looking at trying carbs on my 605. I don't have any yet and would like some input before I do anything. I'm looking at split BLP's IF it's worth the extra trouble and cost.if not the standard dual setup will be ok. I also have a QFX 1450 and new tfs intake to use if it'll get me quicker et's. Let's hear it! study
Split Dom's or even dual fours on a sheet metal TR vs. a big single on a TFS aren't in the same ball park. I'm not sure what the difference between a pair of good dual carbs or splits would be. I made 1440 on a 611 with 2 billet carbs from AED on a CFE intake and they weren't cheap!

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 7th 2017, 10:40 pm

Scott Foxwell wrote:
cool40 wrote:I'm looking at trying carbs on my 605. I don't have any yet and would like some input before I do anything. I'm looking at split BLP's IF it's worth the extra trouble and cost.if not the standard dual setup will be ok. I also have a QFX 1450 and new tfs intake to use if it'll get me quicker et's. Let's hear it! study
Split Dom's or even dual fours on a sheet metal TR vs. a big single on a TFS aren't in the same ball park. I'm not sure what the difference between a pair of good dual carbs or splits would be. I made 1440 on a 611 with 2 billet carbs from AED on a CFE intake and they weren't cheap!
I'll be using the cast tfs TR I have on it now with which ever carb setup I use. Just to be clear about the idea of a single carb,this is to gain some ET not compare dyno numbers. Weight savings would be worth something Over the TR I'm sure. The enderle injection on it now is a heavy sob. Laughing
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans February 7th 2017, 10:52 pm

cool40 wrote:
Scott Foxwell wrote:
  I'll be using the cast tfs TR I have on it now with which ever carb setup I use. Just to be clear about the idea of a single carb,this is to gain some ET not compare dyno numbers. Weight savings would be worth something Over the TR I'm sure. The enderle injection on it now is a heavy sob. Laughing

I think I have a good used TFS 4x2 TR top if you want to try it. I don't think splits on that cast manifold would be worth the money and effort.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell February 7th 2017, 10:54 pm

cool40 wrote:
Scott Foxwell wrote:
The power you can make with the TR and 2 carbs should well offset the added weight. If your ET and dyno numbers don't reflect eachother, then there is a problem somewhere.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 7th 2017, 11:20 pm

Scott Foxwell wrote:
cool40 wrote:
Scott Foxwell wrote:
The power you can make with the TR and 2 carbs should well offset the added weight. If your ET and dyno numbers don't reflect eachother, then there is a problem somewhere.
my dyno numbers are ET. Cool
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cool40 February 7th 2017, 11:24 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
cool40 wrote:
Scott Foxwell wrote:

I think I have a good used TFS 4x2 TR top if you want to try it. I don't think splits on that cast manifold would be worth the money and effort.  
thanks for the offer Lem but this intake I have has a bastard pattern from being welded on for some reason. I have some 3/8 plate waiting for a place to go. Cool
cool40
cool40
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down