BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

460 WITH BLOWER AND DUELCARBS

+2
6t6mustang
Flipncrazy
6 posters

Go down

460 WITH BLOWER AND DUELCARBS Empty 460 WITH BLOWER AND DUELCARBS

Post  Flipncrazy March 26th 2017, 1:37 pm

Hi all looking into building a 460 blower engine with roller cam for a jet boat. I'm looking for ideas on parts pistons(compression) but mostly I just want a good dependable blower. its not for racing just weekend warior stuff but I would like it to be dependable as best it can so ill need ideas ect on all this and ill need parts eventualy and any cam ideas is welcome also my plan is all hp I can get at 5500 rpm .going with alum CJ heads I think .

Flipncrazy

Back to top Go down

460 WITH BLOWER AND DUELCARBS Empty Re: 460 WITH BLOWER AND DUELCARBS

Post  6t6mustang April 8th 2017, 11:51 am

Cant go wrong with the blower shop units..
6t6mustang
6t6mustang

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf April 8th 2017, 12:56 pm

Where do you live at?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Scott Foxwell April 12th 2017, 9:06 am

Flipncrazy wrote:Hi all looking into building a 460 blower engine with roller cam for a jet boat. I'm looking for ideas on parts pistons(compression) but mostly I just want a good dependable blower. its not for racing just weekend warior stuff but I would like it to be dependable as best it can so ill need ideas ect on all this and ill need parts eventualy and any cam ideas is welcome also my plan is all hp I can get at 5500 rpm .going with alum CJ heads I think .
The Blower Shop, BDS, Littlefield are the three I would be looking at. TBS and BDS will have complete kits you can look at. Blower size will depend on how much power you want to make but for 460ci @ 5500, you can make 750+hp on pump gas with less than 10# boost pretty easily with an 871 and a pair of 850's. 700 hp observed, not corrected, will turn a AA impeller about 5700 rpm. I would go with a hydraulic roller and you'll need flow numbers from the heads. Compression; I would keep around 8.0:1. If you can afford an intercooler, that would help, but on the BB Ford it makes a very tall package. Make sure the engine is built with marine use in mind. You want a little more piston to wall clearance and a little more valve guide clearance, and you'll want to use good quality parts throughout. Stock crank may be OK, but forged would certainly be better. H beam rods, good pistons and rings (no Hellfires) and good valve train with quality valves and rockers. The most important thing will be the machine work and block finishing.

Scott Foxwell

Back to top Go down

Post  6t6mustang April 12th 2017, 4:09 pm

see, there is good tech in here..
6t6mustang
6t6mustang

Back to top Go down

460 WITH BLOWER AND DUELCARBS Empty great advice

Post  Flipncrazy April 17th 2017, 6:17 pm

ill be moving to az where the engine will be built and ran im definatly impressed at the replys esp scot tvm ill definatly follow that advice especialy on the crank. will post pics as i start from the block .lord send me money lol

Flipncrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 17th 2017, 11:50 pm

What impeller and housing ...?
The SMALLEST unit to even consider using is an aftermarket 8-71 with any engine of 460 cubes or bigger.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino April 18th 2017, 12:18 am

No matter what crank you use, have it machined for dual keyways and same with your balancer/hub.
A blower has a way of tearing up the crank snout when all that stuff works its way loose from all the tugging, yanking, and pulling on it!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down