BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cam bolt - deleting the fuel pump concentric

3 posters

Go down

Cam bolt - deleting the fuel pump concentric Empty Cam bolt - deleting the fuel pump concentric

Post  75truck April 28th 2017, 10:34 pm

Building a 429 with a Fitech FI.

Deleting the cam concentric. Using the thick washer and enlarged the hole. Checked the depth of the 7/16 bolt hole - ok.
Cam bolt will not bottom out.

Used red locktite at 45 lbs.

Just about to install the pistons.

Ok so far?

Bob
Tucson

75truck

Back to top Go down

Cam bolt - deleting the fuel pump concentric Empty Re: Cam bolt - deleting the fuel pump concentric

Post  69F100 April 29th 2017, 5:21 am

I would use blue loctite the red you may damage the cam before you get the bolt out when you have to remove it
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Cam bolt - deleting the fuel pump concentric Empty Re: Cam bolt - deleting the fuel pump concentric

Post  whitefield April 29th 2017, 9:20 am

75truck wrote:Building a 429 with a Fitech FI.

Deleting the cam concentric.  Using the thick washer and enlarged the hole.  Checked the depth of the 7/16 bolt hole - ok.
Cam bolt will not bottom out.

Used red locktite at 45 lbs.

Just about to install the pistons.

Ok so far?

Bob
Tucson

I went through this on my small block last year . This year I went with a 7/16 bolt and a small block Chevy harmonic balancer washer torqued to 65 with red lock tight. To remove the bolt get a small butane torch and put some heat on the bolt head and it will come right out. A heat gun will do the same. Good luck!
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum