BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mufflers ?

3 posters

Go down

Mufflers ? Empty Mufflers ?

Post  whitefield May 6th 2017, 9:27 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this question as it applies to both of my vehicles with big block and small block .
So I drive both of these on the street and I also race with them mostly 1/8 mile.

My question is what are your thoughts about mufflers and power loss ? I would like personal experience accounts and not internet copy and paste.
I just installed a pair of spin tech mufflers on the small block car and future plans are to install them on the big block car.
Thanks Whitefield
whitefield
whitefield

Back to top Go down

Mufflers ? Empty Re: Mufflers ?

Post  rmcomprandy May 7th 2017, 12:58 am

whitefield wrote:I wasn't sure where to put this question  as it applies to both of my vehicles with big block and small block .
So I drive  both of these on the street and I also race with them mostly 1/8 mile.

My question is what are your thoughts about  mufflers and power loss ? I would like personal experience accounts and not internet copy and paste.
I just installed a pair of spin tech mufflers on the small block car and future plans are to install them on the big block car.
                                   Thanks Whitefield

I tested a bunch of 3" mufflers a few years ago for my Engine Masters Contest entry and I can tell you for sure that although doing a decent job of quieting, the Spin-Tech's were the absolute worst for power.
Use the muffler you can actually see through with the largest volume body which you can fit under the vehicle, for noise and resonance reduction.
The long, square oval ones from "Extreme Technologies" were all around the best:  www.extrememufflers.com

EDIT: I looked-up that actual number ... 1018-3030

Last edited by rmcomprandy on May 7th 2017, 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 7th 2017, 8:36 am

From my EMC testing MagnaFlows did very well.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down