BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much abuse can a piston top take ?

+8
Paul Kane
gt350hr
dysan
dfree383
JACKAZZFLATZ
rmcomprandy
cool40
nuclearcobra
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How much abuse can a piston top take ? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much abuse can a piston top take ?

Post  nuclearcobra May 25th 2017, 7:19 am

Yep and i'll never forget again.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

How much abuse can a piston top take ? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much abuse can a piston top take ?

Post  gt350hr May 25th 2017, 6:46 pm

I hate to predict it but I am afraid #7 is going to have a pinched top ring. If it doesn't you can smooth out the minor damage "I" see.

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  460bronco May 25th 2017, 9:05 pm

Man!!! That really stinks! Sounds like you have my luck. Good luck getting her back together! Do you have an idea how much money you are going to have in head repairs?
460bronco
460bronco

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra May 27th 2017, 12:10 am

I got the head back yesterday , Its got a new valve guide and seat in it , Total bill was $200 Shocked I was a little shocked , I figured more. So now back to my regular machine shop to have the 2 intake valves back cut (bent that valve on #7 also) and have that new seat finished with a overall check on both heads and pistons/rods , I could've had my white car up and running by now if i had known it'd be down this long , last time it was back together on Friday and running down the track on Sunday again , I just bent the valve guide on that one and Lem mailed the valve right to the machine shop so in 4 days i was putting the head back on , Can't get that lucky every time i guess.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2