BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

overheating

2 posters

Go down

overheating Empty overheating

Post  57ford custom June 6th 2017, 9:21 am

A friend of mine has a 50 ford half ton that he has put a fresh .030 460 in and he is having overheating problems. I won't go into all the things he has done but so far. Here is my question he told me the head gaskets said "top" so thats the way he put them in. The ones I have installed on my engines always said front so that was easy. Can these be put in backwards even tho it says top.
57ford custom
57ford custom

Back to top Go down

overheating Empty Re: overheating

Post  rmcomprandy June 6th 2017, 9:26 am

57ford custom wrote:A friend of mine has a 50 ford half ton that he has put a fresh .030 460 in and he is having overheating problems. I won't go into all the things he has done but so far. Here is my question he told me the head gaskets said "top" so thats the way he put them in. The ones I have installed on my engines always said front so that was easy. Can these be put in backwards even tho it says top.

The only Ford gaskets I have seen which say TOP are race gaskets which have a designated side; (each side is different).
All others do say FRONT or have the lower corner of the gasket squared-off which goes to the front.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down