BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shane Klug's TorinoGT

3 posters

Go down

Shane Klug's  TorinoGT Empty Shane Klug's TorinoGT

Post  DanE August 17th 2017, 8:09 pm

I should post this on "460Ford.com" as that is where the thread originated, but the site says "not responding" and has been that way for over a week.

At any rate, last evening (16Aug2017) I was at Woodard Dream Cruise and encountered Shane and his 70 Torino GT. He had Lem and Boat Bob build him a street pump gas 572 that delivered 725 torque and 750 HP +- on the dyno. Shane had very kind words for Lem and Bob for their hospitality, service, and workmanship.

The Torino is backhalved with a 4 link, coilovers, and mini-tubed. The front has shock towers removed and rack and pinion steering. Sub frame connectors tie the front and rear together, along with a chrome molly roll cage tucked up as good as possible. Fuel cell, battery in the trunk, ect. The car is an extremely well thought out and executed street warrior.

The car has a 4.11 rear gear/Detroit Locker, custom headers, 3 1/2" header pipes, 3 1/2" MagnaFlow mufflers with 3" tailpipes. And there is more. A very impressive car.

He is not a profiler with that car. He is always on the prowl for a victim for his FORD.

We spent well over an hour discussing his car, telling stories of his various racing encounters, technology, and other things concerning cars.

The official Woodard Dream Cruise is a week long now, starting with the Road Kill drag race on Woodard last Saturday, and ending this coming Saturday with the actual cruise. However, the cruising action is hot and heavy a minimum of a week before the official week of the Woodard Dream Cruise. Cars come from all over the states and some foreign countries for the cruise. MANY hundreds of cars and over a million spectators.

I started racing on Woodard in 1958 and still do to a certain extent. It's so nice to be surrounded by all the cars and the people who love them. I love you

DanE

Back to top Go down

Shane Klug's  TorinoGT Empty Re: Shane Klug's TorinoGT

Post  TorinoGT August 18th 2017, 9:29 pm

Was great to meet you Dan and learn about your cool and unique 73 T Bird with a big inch stroker motor (with a few surprises)

Thanks for the kind words (hope my head still fits in my car haha)

Looking forward to seeing that Blackbird in person

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT

Back to top Go down

Post  wayney August 19th 2017, 1:47 pm

what front suspension did you go with ?
cool car!!!! you don't see many of us modifying the 70-71 torinos to go fast...... everybody always tells me " nice ones are so hard to find and expensive you are going to hurt the value" . My response is "something only has value when you sell it.... mine will never be for sale" .

wayne

wayney

Back to top Go down

Post  TorinoGT August 20th 2017, 11:40 pm

We used a sub frame from Martz Chassis, although it was not a good fit and had to be modified quite a bit to work correctly. Thankfully I have a good fabricator out here that was able to make it right, along with doing headers and some other stuff.

My Torino GT was just a 302/C4 2bbl nothing valuable about it. If my car was an original 429CJ or better, i would have certainly gone a different route.

Shane
TorinoGT
TorinoGT

Back to top Go down

Post  wayney August 21st 2017, 8:55 pm

TorinoGT wrote:We used a sub frame from Martz Chassis, although it was not a good fit and had to be modified quite a bit to work correctly.  Thankfully I have a good fabricator out here that was able to make it right, along with doing headers and some other stuff.

My Torino GT was just a 302/C4 2bbl   nothing valuable about it.  If my car was an original 429CJ or better, i would have certainly gone a different route.

Shane

mine was a 302 3speed on the column GT... also not rare . That's why I didn't buy a factory big block car many moons ago when i got it.

wayne

wayney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down