BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's good with Ford OEM Holley identification?... I'm not, lol

3 posters

Go down

Who's good with Ford OEM Holley identification?... I'm not, lol Empty Who's good with Ford OEM Holley identification?... I'm not, lol

Post  nickpohlaandp October 26th 2017, 1:38 pm

So I got this Holley carb body and I can tell from the casting number on the choke tower that it seems to be OEM from Ford. Other than that I don't know much about it. What I've been able to decipher from internet searching is that it was probably made/used in 1968 (C8) and it was made in the 4th week of June, I think. Does anyone have any better info that that? Thanks for any help you can give me.

The markings on it seem to be C8OF-9510-AA, LIST-1174, 864

Who's good with Ford OEM Holley identification?... I'm not, lol Carb

Who's good with Ford OEM Holley identification?... I'm not, lol Carb2

Last edited by nickpohlaandp on October 26th 2017, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

nickpohlaandp

Back to top Go down

Who's good with Ford OEM Holley identification?... I'm not, lol Empty Re: Who's good with Ford OEM Holley identification?... I'm not, lol

Post  supervel45 October 26th 2017, 2:22 pm

nickpohlaandp wrote:So I got this Holley carb body and I can tell from the casting number on the choke tower that it seems to be OEM from Ford. Other than that I don't know much about it. What I've been able to decipher from internet searching is that it was probably made/used in 1968 (C8) and it was made in the 4th week of June, I think. Does anyone have any better info that that? Thanks for any help you can give me.

The markings on it seem to be C8OF-9510-AA, LIST-1164, 864

Who's good with Ford OEM Holley identification?... I'm not, lol Carb

Who's good with Ford OEM Holley identification?... I'm not, lol Carb2

http://www.s-techent.com/Shelby_Web_Pages/Holley-Ford/Holley-Ford.htm

Your list number is not jiving with the Ford number.

The Closest I see is a 4169 ( 428CJ) on the link.

My old Holley book only shows 4168. Your list number is not in it either and would be in the late 1950's range if it was.

If it is a 428CJ it should have down leg boosters in the secondaries.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Who's good with Ford OEM Holley identification?... I'm not, lol Empty Re: Who's good with Ford OEM Holley identification?... I'm not, lol

Post  nickpohlaandp October 26th 2017, 3:30 pm

I updated the LIST #. I entered it in wrong.

nickpohlaandp

Back to top Go down

Post  TommyK October 26th 2017, 3:40 pm

http://www.mustangtek.com/4150/C8OF-9510-AA.html

TommyK

Back to top Go down

Post  nickpohlaandp October 26th 2017, 3:45 pm

TommyK wrote:http://www.mustangtek.com/4150/C8OF-9510-AA.html

Very cool. Too bad I don't have the whole carb. I only have the body. Think it's worth selling for someone looking for an original part, or should I just go ahead and use it?

nickpohlaandp

Back to top Go down

Post  TommyK October 26th 2017, 3:55 pm

Personally I would get a new carb and pop the body you have up on ebay.

TommyK

Back to top Go down

Post  nickpohlaandp October 26th 2017, 3:59 pm

TommyK wrote:Personally I would get a new carb and pop the body you have up on ebay.

I'll poly blast it to clean it up and make it look nice. What do you think a fair price for that is? I'm no good with this stuff.

nickpohlaandp

Back to top Go down

Post  nickpohlaandp October 26th 2017, 4:39 pm

Quick poly blast and it looks better. I'll do a better job tomorrow.

Who's good with Ford OEM Holley identification?... I'm not, lol Image

nickpohlaandp

Back to top Go down

Post  TommyK October 26th 2017, 4:45 pm

I wouldn't blast it. Just clean it up as best you can with carb cleaner.

To someone who is restoring a carb that needs a correctly date coded main body it could be worth a few bucks. It may take a long time to find that person though. If you are not in a hurry I would probably put it up with a BIN of 250-300 with a make offer option.

TommyK

Back to top Go down

Post  nickpohlaandp October 26th 2017, 4:50 pm

TommyK wrote:I wouldn't blast it. Just clean it up as best you can with carb cleaner.

To someone who is restoring a carb that needs a correctly date coded main body it could be worth a few bucks. It may take a long time to find that person though. If you are not in a hurry I would probably put it up with a BIN of 250-300 with a make offer option.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably do that if it could fetch that much $. I've already blasted it in those pics, I used poly media which is non abrasive, it just removed crap. Same thing as dipping and scrubbing but a lot faster. I wouldn't blast it with glass bead or anything like that. That'd invite corrosion like a mofo.

nickpohlaandp

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 October 26th 2017, 7:42 pm

Don't blast it anymore. It's a List Number 4174 1968 1/2 CJ Auto Trans (Not 4 Speed like Mustangtek) per Holley Parts and Specs Manual. It also appears to have a correct date code for a factory installed carburetor. It may fetch around $150.00 or so. You could try the $250-300 BIN first as previously stated and see what happens.
Metering blocks are 5673 primary and 5671 secondary. I  would not bother putting it back together as the bowls, baseplate  and blocks are quite expensive.

Last edited by supervel45 on October 26th 2017, 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 October 26th 2017, 8:12 pm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Holley-4174-C8OF-AA-1968-Shelby-KR-mustang-428-CJ-4-speed-RESTORED-873-date/282683838663?epid=1129944188&hash=item41d14510c7:g:smcAAOSwo4pYVDr-&vxp=mtr

Give this guy a call. He has one for sale and restores them and may want it?

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  nickpohlaandp October 27th 2017, 2:42 pm

supervel45 wrote:https://www.ebay.com/itm/Holley-4174-C8OF-AA-1968-Shelby-KR-mustang-428-CJ-4-speed-RESTORED-873-date/282683838663?epid=1129944188&hash=item41d14510c7:g:smcAAOSwo4pYVDr-&vxp=mtr

Give this guy a call. He has one for sale and restores them and may want it?

I hit him up with the "Contact Seller" deal to see what he has to say. I'll wait to hear from him. I was able to find the correct metering blocks in the pile of parts. No bowls or baseplate though. Oh well.

nickpohlaandp

Back to top Go down

Post  supervel45 October 27th 2017, 3:52 pm

Those metering blocks may bring $100.00 to $150.00 for both. I would list them individually.

If you wanted to build it just as a runner you could get a cheap 3310 and rob the bowls, baseplate, choke, and vacuum pod off of it, they will interchange.

supervel45

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum