BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey guys some HP estimates

+3
rmcomprandy
Dave De
57ford custom
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hey guys some HP estimates - Page 2 Empty Things are moving forward

Post  57ford custom January 28th 2018, 2:45 pm

I should have the heads back from a little work on the valve job this week. The block is ready for assembling now only need to fit the rings with enough clearance for a little spray. I am going to try for about .026. I got a little good news this past week as I was told that the (new and next best thing round snap rings that these pistons have) were hard to install. Well I made a tool out of a brass drift to help install them and it worked like a charm. Made a potential hard job fairly simple. This week the short block should be done. Then measure valve clearance and start the final assembly. Very Happy I'm hoping I can find enough time to have it all put together before the end of Feb.
57ford custom
57ford custom

Back to top Go down

Hey guys some HP estimates - Page 2 Empty Heads back from the porter

Post  57ford custom January 31st 2018, 12:54 pm

I just got the Kasse heads back from the porter and the results are what I would consider excellent for stock architecture type cylinder heads. The intake was 417 at 700 and I asked if there was any turbulance at 800 but was still good there too. The exhaust was 284 at 700 and for what its worth 294 at 800 even though The cam at this point won't be this strong. Brian has 12 hrs of billable time in them including disasembly and assembly and they look very good to the eye. Assembly will start next week and with luck I may get dyno time in Feb. Very Happy We have a short season here in Wi. for racing.
57ford custom
57ford custom

Back to top Go down

Hey guys some HP estimates - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey guys some HP estimates

Post  Dave De January 31st 2018, 1:14 pm

Nice work on those heads. I was thinking that with a Lem Evans cam you could be squeezing 820ish HP on your dyno session.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Hey guys some HP estimates - Page 2 Empty Re: Hey guys some HP estimates

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2