BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question on Holcomb motorsports

2 posters

Go down

Question on Holcomb motorsports Empty Question on Holcomb motorsports

Post  cobrakid8 November 13th 2017, 10:50 pm

Looking at a motor a guy wants to trade for my junk-a-let. The motor is a Ford Motorsports motor from Holcomb. It is a 521 motor and he put a set of Blue Thunder alum heads on it with Chevy exhaust ports. It has a smallish cam so I will most likely need a better cam and it Has a tunnel ram with two fours but they're are 450's. I think I can sell the cam in it. Like 600-625 lift he cannot remember and the tunnel ram along with the carbs and out a bigger cam along with single 1050 and put it on the dragster. Does anyone think that might work, and would it be worth the 477? Thanks!

cobrakid8

Back to top Go down

Question on Holcomb motorsports Empty Re: Question on Holcomb motorsports

Post  cobrakid8 November 14th 2017, 9:11 am

some more information from the guy.
It started as a shortblock from holcomb motorsports with Ford performance internals.
cam is 290 duration has a 650 lift, right now i dont know the entire cam card numbers and he will try to find it.
Heads are Blue Thunder with chevy exhaust 2.24 intake valves and 1.88 exhaust valves along with titanium keepers.
Said the compression is 12.5/1 with 72CC heads
Harland sharp roller rockers with 3/8 pushrods
Has a tunnel ram with twin 450 carbs
fluidamper damper with ford motorsports double roller chain
original ford water pump and everything is studded with ARP

I haven't had any responses on the ol junk-a-let, so i am afraid i am going to end up having to pretty much give it away unless i can trade it off, I am just not sure if it will be to much work and money to change this over to a full strip deal as i would want to trade out the cam, sell the tunnel ram and 450's and get like a mafia intake and 1050-1150 carb on alcohol. this is for my son and he wants to do some index 5.70 racing close to us so we will be throttle stopping the dragster to run the class. So anyone have an opinion on what the motor would be worth and would it be a pretty fair trade?

cobrakid8

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy November 14th 2017, 10:00 am

Sounds like a street rod type engine meant to look "racey" and run only pretty good.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cobrakid8 November 14th 2017, 10:11 am

yes randy, he had it in a street rod 23-T, but the motor is way to much for the car so he is putting a 302 in it so he can drive it around. I was hoping i could make it work with minimal amount of work, but seems that those intake valves are not very big and again i know i would have to change cam(along with prob springs and other things) and i would be getting rid of the tunnel ram and those carbs. Just wasn't sure if i could get enough out of those to make me not be 2000 or more out of pocket to get it to work. I will go and look at the motor today and see what else is going on with it as far as springs and such, but I guess I just need to get rid of this junk-a-let motor and start getting some parts together and build a 557 since i have a few blocks laying around to use.

cobrakid8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down