BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Head porter

+11
Lem Evans
rmcomprandy
zbob
dfree383
Mike R
IDT-572
BBFTorino
The Mad Porter
jasonf
Mark Miller
awgeez
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Head porter - Page 2 Empty Another lesson in life

Post  awgeez May 27th 2018, 11:17 am

Last edited by awgeez on May 30th 2018, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

awgeez

Back to top Go down

Head porter - Page 2 Empty Re: Head porter

Post  rmcomprandy May 27th 2018, 11:34 am

awgeez wrote:Thanks, i'm near Wintersville. Charlie and Randy is what i keep hearing. I sent PMs, but havent heard anything back yet. Wrong time of year to be taking parts to a machine shop, the line forms 5-6 weeks to the right.

All my PM,s get answered if I can give the right answer; but, none that disappear before I get to them.
Your indirect issue with Comp Cams is not a problem which happens ONLY to them.  I have had stuff like this happen several times over the last 45 some years by almost everyone in this marketplace.
Getting that issue straightened-out is the only thing which should matter here; time lost is the price of being an engine builder or attempting to be.

Most companies who have been in business for 40+ years certainly do the best they can and make a certain percentage of mistakes; the bigger the company, that same percentage means more mistakes.

A "custom ground camshaft" is not the same thing as a "custom designed camshaft". So, most custom ground camshaft sellers use a variety of large camshaft companies to do the actual grinding for them.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  awgeez May 27th 2018, 11:59 am

Last edited by awgeez on May 30th 2018, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

awgeez

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 27th 2018, 5:08 pm

awgeez wrote:I tried to deal with you Randy, twice. I was instantly met with arrogance and condescending attitude. It is a shame, you now know i was serious. I am sure you know how much $ i spent going to BES. As for sticking up for Comp, they lost their grand poobah to a competitor. Now the mistakes are happening with great frequency. When multiple super stock builders/racers say the same thing, with back up, then there is a definate problem. The SS builder i deal with did not have time to do my heads. Really not even the short block, but he squeezed it in as a favor. And no, i am not mentioning his name. Secretive bunch they are.
Look, Mr Malik, i don't necessarily have a problem with you. It was the immediate attitude. That is something i have zero tolerance for. I may even shake your hand if we ever met. Just to be clear, you lost this particular sale by being a prick. I am an asshole, and i am proud of it. pricks and a-holes do not mix well.

Ask anyone who has met me ... I don't have any condescending attitude at all, as I don't say much at all. Unless I am conversing with someone I know well.
Usually it's straight to the point because I don't intend to play any mind games for anybody.

If I don't know ... I won't answer and if I do have some knowledge about it, I will certainly give that answer ... if you want justification or to debate that answer then go somewhere else. I have no interest in doing that.
You want to call that being a prick ... that is your prerogative.

Like everybody, I have been wrong sometimes ... then I will admit it and simply move onward to the future.

It some other people don't like that ... then it's just tough for them because, I won't give a rats ass.

Really, really SIMPLE.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 28th 2018, 9:50 am

Someone didn't read the order confirmation from Comp.

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 28th 2018, 11:39 am

Randy’s not condescending I’ve known him personally for a very long time

Last edited by dfree383 on May 29th 2018, 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 29th 2018, 7:19 am

awgeez wrote:Project update:

BES talked me into a custom cam. However they did not tell me it would be coming from Comp and i did not ask. If they did, i may have declined in light of all the horror stories i have been hearing about Comp over the past year or so. Turns out my concerns would have been justified as the stories are true. The current situation i am in, 20% my fault, 20% BES fault, 60% on the incompetence of Competition Cams. BES ordered a cam for a BBF, Comp ground 1 for a SBF. No i did not look at it until i went to install. But neither did BES before telling me to come get my parts(1 day short of 8 weeks). i heard BES mutter to themself on the phone "not again" when i called with this problem. BES went above and beyond to try and rectify this immediately. As such, i will give them a positive recommendation any time they need. Comp boned me by shipping 1 day late, which added 4 days to shipping because it is a holiday weekend.  

The moral of the story, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check your parts right in front of the machine shop/vendor before you leave. If they are offended, you need a new shop. I even do it in Akron @ Summit. This time i did not, i was in a hurry to beat traffic in Cincinnati and Columbus on the way home and get to my nephew's final baseball game as a senior. A simple glance at the cam card told everything. 60 seconds would have not made a difference and avoided the last 2+ weeks of headaches. Don't take for granted that you used a pro, even the pros make mistakes. Additionally, when the cam finally gets here, I don't know if I'll be using it. I no longer have confidence in Comp's QA.

The second moral, NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM COMPETITION CAMS FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. That's right Competition Cams, i am on a mission to cost you 1 customer/sale.

Some how I get the impression you have issues with a lot of vendors and people.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 29th 2018, 9:59 pm

Lem Evans wrote:Someone didn't read the order confirmation from Comp.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt May 30th 2018, 10:12 am

dfree383 wrote:Randy’s not condescending

dfree383 wrote: I’ve known him personally for a very long time

LOL,,,, one of these things is not like the other!
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 May 30th 2018, 12:46 pm

Curt wrote:

Yes we all get it you don’t like Randy and don’t forget to add You’ve never even met him in person
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cletus66 May 30th 2018, 4:17 pm

dfree383 wrote:
Curt wrote:

Yes we all get it you don’t like Randy and don’t forget to add You’ve never even met him in person

I was pitted next to Randy and Adney at the first Big Block Bash. 2 of the nicest guys you would ever want to meet. Cool
cletus66
cletus66

Back to top Go down

Post  awgeez May 30th 2018, 7:46 pm

I forgot to read nothing Lem. BES ordered it, i did not. I did not even know whose cam it was til i went o to pick it up. Comp admitted they f'd up. Their order from said BBF, the grinder and the QA simply missed it. That's the story i was told. I had no input in what the specs were. All i told BES was 466" 10.5 comp, pump gas, under 6500 shifts with an absolute redline of 6500. The rest i left to them. Cam, port work, valve springs, etc. And nope, i have no issues with any vendor i have ever dealt with before this. Just FedEx. But you guys go ahead and think what you want, i really don't give a shit.

awgeez

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans May 30th 2018, 9:28 pm

awgeez wrote:I forgot to read nothing Lem. BES ordered it, i did not. I did not even know whose cam it was til i went o to pick it up. Comp admitted they f'd up. Their order from said BBF, the grinder and the QA simply missed it. That's the story i was told. I had no input in what the specs were. All i told BES was 466" 10.5 comp, pump gas, under 6500 shifts with an absolute redline of 6500. The rest i left to them. Cam, port work, valve springs, etc. And nope, i have no issues with any vendor i have ever dealt with before this. Just FedEx. But you guys go ahead and think what you want, i really don't give a shit.

I didn't say it was you that didn't read. If someone had read the confirmation they should have know the numbers did not reflect a BBF cam. Please add me to the don't give a shit column too.

Lem Evans

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno May 31st 2018, 2:55 pm

Hey guys he left the building, he sold his stuff and has gone fishing !! Razz ... i got the memo !!

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy May 31st 2018, 6:03 pm

bruno wrote: Hey guys he left the building, he sold his stuff and has gone fishing !! Razz ... i got the memo !!

AGAIN ...? Oh well.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 1st 2018, 9:19 am

dfree383 wrote:

I have met him in person so there won't be any correction for "never met". 2011 Bash at Windy Hollow.

And as far as not like,,, most will agree, his internet voice would get his ass kicked in most circles in person.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy June 1st 2018, 9:28 am

Curt wrote:
dfree383 wrote:

I have met him in person so there won't be any correction for "never met".  2011 Bash at Windy Hollow.  

And as far as not like,,,   most will agree, his internet voice would get his ass kicked in most circles in person.

I talk with the same words in person ... even a bit harsher.
If I have done something which works a certain or a couple different ways, I am not gonna say to you that your way will work ... I will only say it MIGHT; unless I have already tried doing it that way.

If I have no idea, I simply won't offer anything.

Like Nick said on another thread here ... some people just can't handle the truth. Not my problem.

rmcomprandy

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 1st 2018, 9:37 am

Butt hurt....... A fact of life. Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 1st 2018, 10:02 am

dfree383 wrote:Butt hurt....... A fact of life. Laughing

We've never had an issue. I have issues with the way he treats others.

I'm in Roseville often. If I had a personal problem with him, it would be addressed in person.

No one on here would disagree that he's a dick other than you. Even Randy will agree with that.
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 1st 2018, 10:05 am

Curt wrote:
dfree383 wrote:Butt hurt....... A fact of life. Laughing

We've never had an issue.  I have issues with the way he treats others.  

I'm in Roseville often.  If I had a personal problem with him, it would be addressed in person.

No one on here would disagree that he's a dick other than you.  Even Randy will agree with that.

I was referring to the OP not you!!!! Razz
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior June 1st 2018, 10:38 am

dfree383 wrote:
Curt wrote:

And Dave has the opposite problem...
People like him until they meet him in person...js
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 June 1st 2018, 10:39 am

QtrWarrior wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
Curt wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Curt June 3rd 2018, 6:17 pm

QtrWarrior wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
Curt wrote:

Head porter - Page 2 Dumptr10
Curt
Curt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2