BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New TFS Intake Manifold ...pics

+41
psfracer
nuclearcobra
342g
John Myrick
Barney
dfree383
tiger
maverick
bigblockfox468
LivermoreDave
Maddmattmustangs
4speed
FORDMUD
Jeff Chandler
bigjohn2007
BBFmustang
Mark Laczo
77f150
jbozzelle
DaveMcLain
windsor
'65 T-BOLT
HorsinAround
83-88T-Bird Guy
D. Sea
bbf-falcon
KY JELLY
schmitty
IDT-572
the Coug
jones
56Tbird
Bret Powell
billandlori
IcallhimGeorge
c.evans
richter69
kjett
Lem Evans
bruno
45 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

New TFS Intake Manifold ...pics - Page 2 Empty Re: New TFS Intake Manifold ...pics

Post  83-88T-Bird Guy December 17th 2009, 1:24 pm

KY JELLY wrote:I think Charlie , Lem, Phillip, Jet Boat Bob , Laws , and I am even going to add Blake to this list all deserve a pat on the back for making this happen. They have all spent time, money , etc on welding ,porting , tuning, designing cams and time and money on the dyno with different engine and head combination's.

I don't care what anybody says when you can get 890-950+ hp out of a naturally aspirated conventional headed engine you have done something. I don't think everyone appreciates what an accomplishment that is in its self.

Well said.
83-88T-Bird Guy
83-88T-Bird Guy

Back to top Go down

New TFS Intake Manifold ...pics - Page 2 Empty Re: New TFS Intake Manifold ...pics

Post  the Coug December 17th 2009, 1:29 pm

I think I am going to work on a 2x4 manifold like this single plane so we can build more power..... I think this type of manifold should handle 2x4's very well......

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

New TFS Intake Manifold ...pics - Page 2 Empty Re

Post  HorsinAround December 17th 2009, 5:40 pm

Well hopefully I'm #7 on the list. I still can't get anyone to tell me when when we can get our hands on them. My motor is out and ready to go to the Woody's, and I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, want to get one of these to put on the 470 if they're gonna generate 15hp over a ported Victor.

Alan
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT December 17th 2009, 6:49 pm

Thanx for the pics Bruno! I guess I need to throw my Kasse SCJ's and Victor in the trash! Cause I want this intake and matching heads!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  windsor December 17th 2009, 7:11 pm

'65 T-BOLT wrote:I guess I need to throw my Kasse SCJ's and Victor in the trash! Cause I want this intake and matching heads!

I'm Mr. Trash Can...nice to meet you Wink
windsor
windsor

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 17th 2009, 10:57 pm

I will gladly take all those Eddy's that you guy's throw away Laughing

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans December 17th 2009, 11:13 pm

Hey Lem,

1212 hits in the first 24 hours,,,,you going to have to order more manifolds. Wink

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 17th 2009, 11:28 pm

Thats more than I can drum up with a pro comp thread............. Very Happy
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  Bret Powell December 17th 2009, 11:59 pm

c.evans wrote:Hey Lem,

1212 hits in the first 24 hours,,,,you going to have to order more manifolds. Wink

Charlie

Maybe someone needs to tell the powers that be @ TFS to have a look at this thread! Perhaps they'll get their butt in gear.

Bret

Bret Powell

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 December 18th 2009, 12:03 am

Bret Powell wrote:
c.evans wrote:Hey Lem,

Charlie

Maybe someone needs to tell the powers that be @ TFS to have a look at this thread! Perhaps they'll get their butt in gear.

Bret

X2 Wink
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon December 18th 2009, 12:30 am

Blake, I think the king needs to be on the waiting list also. Shocked king

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  IDT-572 December 18th 2009, 1:03 am

bbf-falcon wrote:Blake, I think the king needs to be on the waiting list also. Shocked king

O yea no doubt................... lol!
IDT-572
IDT-572
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

New TFS Intake Manifold ...pics - Page 2 Empty Hits

Post  HorsinAround December 18th 2009, 10:33 am

Up to 1,429 hits this morning. I'll forward this to the TFS contact I've been talking to...
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain December 18th 2009, 10:46 pm

So here's the real question; what made the Victor so good to begin with? Why was it so difficult to beat? What was really right in that design?

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle December 18th 2009, 10:52 pm

DaveMcLain wrote:So here's the real question; what made the Victor so good to begin with? Why was it so difficult to beat? What was really right in that design?

Wasn't it the only game in town as far as single plane deals go before the TFS came out?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bret Powell December 19th 2009, 12:08 am

Charlie, Do you have the heighth measurement from the china wall surface(bottom) to the carburetor flange(top), or overall bottom to top?

Thanks, Bret

Bret Powell

Back to top Go down

Post  c.evans December 19th 2009, 2:39 am

Bret,

I did,,,,but then I left the prototype manifold with TFS, for them to cut up and digitize. If memory serves me correctly, the carb pad is one full inch higher than the Victor, maybe just a little over like 1.100" or so.

Dave,

In regards to your question, as far as single plane manifolds go, prior to the Victor the best we had were the Torguer II and the Offy manifold. I know the Offy dates back to the very early seventies, so it's like a 40 year old design. As for the Torquer II, I don't know how old it is, but Randy Malik can tell us, if he'll see's this.

As for the Victor, we all have to remember that it is one casting and only one casting, for both the 4150 square bore carbs and the 4500 Dommy carbs. The only difference is the way Edelbrock machines the carb pad. As a result, their (Edelbrock's) plenum design had to be a compromise IMO, in order for the one casting to be ambidextrous. (As a side note, we have converted many 4150 manifolds to 4500 manifolds by putting them up in the Bridgeport and boring them out.)

When TFS first brought out the Track Heat/Street 4150 manifold a few years ago, they first showed it at Beech Bend and I remember Damon and I talking to Ron and telling him that we all wanted a Dommy flange manifold. He responded, that it would require another dedicated casting for the plenum to be "proper" and we told him to go ahead and build it. So here we are about 3 or 4 years later and they are making us what we wanted,,, (with a little prodding from Lem, Blake and myself). I think TFS is to be commended for investing the money in another dedicated casting for us Ford guys. They will be making a total of four intake manifolds for us 429-460 Ford guys and there ain't no other company that does that for us.

Dave, what we have learned in the recent years, is that turn, from the carb pad into the top of the runners, needs to be gradual and smooth. This turn needs to be as gentle as the short side radius from the port floor to the valve seat. You do not want it to be any tighter than your short side radius, if so, then it becomes a limiting factor to the airflow. This concept is shown is the funnel web manifold, also in the Hitman and the Sniper manifolds.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

c.evans
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR
BBF VENDOR SPONSOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Bret Powell December 19th 2009, 1:29 pm

That is a really nice looking entrance too and should work nicely without a spacer. But, I think they need to offer two or three thickness of spacers for those looking to try spacers that will carry the same shape or make the transition from the Dominator to that pad. Oh well, it's not really a big deal to make one that will work. I was just kind of thinking out loud.

Thanks Charlie for the additional info.

Bret

Bret Powell

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 December 19th 2009, 2:15 pm

I have a novice question, what is the casting for on the back of the drivers side? The two pillars? Thanks for posting on another upgrade for the 385 family.

Last edited by 77f150 on December 19th 2009, 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
77f150
77f150

Back to top Go down

New TFS Intake Manifold ...pics - Page 2 Empty 2 post casting

Post  Mark Laczo December 19th 2009, 3:05 pm

I think that is so you can put cruise control on ! LOL !

Mark
Mark Laczo
Mark Laczo

Back to top Go down

Post  Bret Powell December 19th 2009, 6:11 pm

77f150 wrote:I have a novice question, what is the casting for on the back of the drivers side? The two pillars? Thanks for posting on another upgrade for the 385 family.

That is for the original throttle bracket... I really don't know why all of the manufacturers keep leaving them on all of the intakes.

Bret

Bret Powell

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 December 19th 2009, 9:31 pm

Thanks Bret! Looking at the intake it would make it so much cleaner without it but there must be a good number of people still using them.

John.
77f150
77f150

Back to top Go down

Post  Bret Powell December 19th 2009, 10:31 pm

I agree... it would look a lot nicer without the tower pads. Honestly I doubt there are that many people that "need" them. Probably many like myself that use some of it because it's their. I removed one from my Victor and use the other for a throttle spring stud. Also removed the injector bosses from my Victor. Imagine how nice that intake would look though, without the pads and the injector bosses. It would be very SHARP! Cool

John, for some reason... I really like the looks of the Ford on your avatar. Wink

Bret

Bret Powell

Back to top Go down

Post  bruno December 19th 2009, 10:45 pm

so when the intake lands in some of yalls racing programs ..how much work are yall going to do to them ..... are they a run out the box deal or did they leave enough meat in the runners to do more porting ?? or would it even be necessary ?

later Nick

www.OakleyMotorsports.com
www.Induction-Solutions.com
www.bfevansraceparts.com
www.ultimateconverter.com
www.keithfulpmotorsports.com
bruno
bruno

http://WWW.CKRME.COM

Back to top Go down

Post  77f150 December 19th 2009, 10:50 pm

Thanks Bret. I'll never approach the hp or knowledge level of most on this board but every time I get in that truck I can't stop grinning.
77f150
77f150

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next