BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double sheave Harmonic Balancer from 1969 TBird

4 posters

Go down

Double sheave Harmonic Balancer from 1969 TBird Empty Double sheave Harmonic Balancer from 1969 TBird

Post  Kim65 April 2nd 2018, 10:36 am

Hello, My father in law is helping me put a 429 from a 1969 TBird in a 1965 Galaxie. We have everything in the car and on the start up we noticed a wobble on the harmonic balancer pulley. I was going to buy a new harmonic balancer when we rebuilt the engine but couldn't find one that had the pulley on it so we used the original balancer. We are using the alternator and power steering pump from the 65 Galaxie. my Father in Law made the bracket for the alternator and modified the bracket for the power steering so it all lined up with the pulleys on the harmonic balancer.
If the balancer is shot and I can't find a replacement what can I do that is a relatively easy fix? Are there balancers out there that can have pulleys added to them to have the same pulley configuration as the original balancer?
I do have a call into Classiquecars.com that may offer an option, but only if mine is in good enough shape.
Do you all have any ideas?
Thanks!

Kim65

Back to top Go down

Double sheave Harmonic Balancer from 1969 TBird Empty Re: Double sheave Harmonic Balancer from 1969 TBird

Post  Paul Kane April 2nd 2018, 10:51 am

Damper Dudes has the one you want for $97.  Your core is worth $40 to them.  

Double sheave Harmonic Balancer from 1969 TBird FO460-2

http://www.damperdudes.net//product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=216&osCsid=k62i37ouqsscvvadfhf84pdr06

www.damperdudes.net

Last edited by Paul Kane on April 2nd 2018, 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Double sheave Harmonic Balancer from 1969 TBird Empty Re: Double sheave Harmonic Balancer from 1969 TBird

Post  Colt Macara April 2nd 2018, 11:24 am

Kim65 wrote:Hello, My father in law is helping me put a 429 from a 1969 TBird in a 1965 Galaxie. We have everything in the car and on the start up we noticed a wobble on the harmonic balancer pulley. I was going to buy a new harmonic balancer when we rebuilt the engine but couldn't find one that had the pulley on it so we used the original balancer. We are using the alternator and power steering pump from the 65 Galaxie. my Father in Law made the bracket for the alternator and modified the bracket for the power steering so it all lined up with the pulleys on the harmonic balancer.
If the balancer is shot and I can't find a replacement what can I do that is a relatively easy fix? Are there balancers out there that can have pulleys added to them to have the same pulley configuration as the original balancer?
I do have a call into Classiquecars.com that may offer an option, but only if mine is in good enough shape.
Do you all have any ideas?
Thanks!

What engine was in the Galaxie? The 5th digit in the vin number will describe what engine came in the car. Depending on what engine came in the car (probably FE series - unless small block), will not be compatible with the 429 (385 series). Dampers are made with pulley intact, with bolt on pulleys and pulley spacers. A little more info on what engine the pulley came off of would be helpful.

EDIT: My reading comprehension! Sorry! You are using the damper and pulley from the 429 and it wobbles??? Is that correct? ......what Paul said. This guy might be of help also. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FORD-MERCURY-7-0-7-5-429-460-HARMONIC-BALANCER-D9TE-68-97-BA460A/172084844681?hash=item28110e5889:g:2AEAAOxy4dNS6np9&vxp=mtr
Colt Macara
Colt Macara

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim65 April 2nd 2018, 8:23 pm

Thanks Paul! I will call Damper Dudes tomorrow. Thank you also Colt! Yes, I had the harmonic balancer that came with the 429, it was just not turning true once we rebuilt the 429 and started it up. If Damper Dudes doesn't have an answer I will follow your link. This site is awesome, Thanks!

Kim65

Back to top Go down

Post  QtrWarrior April 3rd 2018, 7:24 pm

It wobbles, because the rubber has separated.. Had one do the same thing.
Managed to catch it before it sailed thru the radiator...
QtrWarrior
QtrWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Colt Macara April 6th 2018, 11:28 pm

Kim65 wrote:Thanks Paul! I will call Damper Dudes tomorrow. Thank you also Colt! Yes, I had the harmonic balancer that came with the 429, it was just not turning true once we rebuilt the 429 and started it up. If Damper Dudes doesn't have an answer I will follow your link. This site is awesome, Thanks!

Did you find the right damper/balancer yet?
Colt Macara
Colt Macara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down