BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Set of SCJ Iron heads.....

+7
D. Sea
dfree383
BBFTorino
DaveMcLain
torino501
Colt Macara
Straubtech
11 posters

Go down

Set of SCJ Iron heads..... Empty Set of SCJ Iron heads.....

Post  Straubtech April 9th 2018, 3:12 pm

Have a customer needing set for a restoration project. Does not have to be date correct. Customer has some health issues and wants to get this thing running before he can't. Can reach me at 423 391 7774. Thank you.

Straubtech

Back to top Go down

Set of SCJ Iron heads..... Empty Re: Set of SCJ Iron heads.....

Post  Colt Macara April 9th 2018, 8:07 pm

Straubtech wrote:Have a customer needing set for a restoration project.  Does not have to be date correct.   Customer has some health issues and wants to get this thing running before he can't.   Can reach me at 423 391 7774.  Thank you.

This guy might be able to help you..... https://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-Ford-Mustang-Super-Cobra-Jet-heads-SCJ-DOOE-R/292496399252?_trkparms=aid%3D444000%26algo%3DSOI.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D44039%26meid%3D2446e1de20804ccfb6ddc08a17e67800%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D3%26sd%3D292496399252%26itm%3D292496399252&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982
Colt Macara
Colt Macara

Back to top Go down

Post  Straubtech April 10th 2018, 10:14 am

Thank you.

Straubtech

Back to top Go down

Post  Colt Macara April 10th 2018, 11:22 am

Straubtech wrote:Thank you.

Your welcome..... There was one other guy that looked like he had a lot of heads, but was showing 'Eliminator' heads. I just typed in "SCJ Iron heads". Mostly aluminum came up, but there might be other leads. Smile

EDIT: [On ebay]
Colt Macara
Colt Macara

Back to top Go down

Post  torino501 April 10th 2018, 2:36 pm

ck your pms straub.

torino501

Back to top Go down

Post  Straubtech April 10th 2018, 4:08 pm

torino501 wrote:ck your pms straub.

Sent you my number. Thank you.

Straubtech

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain April 11th 2018, 5:41 pm

With a price like that I can't believe that someone isn't doing a nice aftermarket reproduction of these in iron for 1/2 that price, crazy...

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  Colt Macara April 11th 2018, 7:14 pm

DaveMcLain wrote:With a price like that I can't believe that someone isn't doing a nice aftermarket reproduction of these in iron for 1/2 that price, crazy...

Iron is costly in Los Angeles.............
Colt Macara
Colt Macara

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino April 11th 2018, 11:40 pm

DaveMcLain wrote:With a price like that I can't believe that someone isn't doing a nice aftermarket reproduction of these in iron for 1/2 that price, crazy...

Be careful what you (we) wish for. Next thing you know, there will be cheap Chinese knock-off's hitting the market!!

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 April 12th 2018, 8:14 am

BBFTorino wrote:

Be careful what you (we) wish for. Next thing you know, there will be cheap Chinese knock-off's hitting the market!!

If they’d stop stealing intellectual property and dumping junk it probably be nice to see some good quality reproduction SCJ heads.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  D. Sea April 12th 2018, 8:16 am

Would be ideal for the truck pullers that are required to run Iron heads.
D. Sea
D. Sea

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy April 12th 2018, 9:29 am

dfree383 wrote:
BBFTorino wrote:

If they’d stop stealing intellectual property and dumping junk it probably be nice to see some good quality reproduction SCJ heads.

I have been in a meeting with 7 different cylinder head companies, both large and small, and have even provided an improved version of the head.
The answer from all of them was, "not enough market share to be worth the investment involved".

It is going to take a Ford enthusiast with a bunch of money to get something like this done as nobody else is willing to invest in the chance of it being a success...

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf April 12th 2018, 11:13 am

rmcomprandy wrote:
dfree383 wrote:
BBFTorino wrote:

I have been in a meeting with 7 different cylinder head companies, both large and small, and have even provided an improved version of the head.
The answer from all of them was, "not enough market share to be worth the investment involved".

It is going to take a Ford enthusiast with a bunch of money to get something like this done as nobody else is willing to invest in the chance of it being a success...

it's funny how it takes a Ford guy to see value in Ford parts. I bet a lot of people thought Kaase was crazy for making a Boss 9 head yet as expensive as they are they are selling like hot cakes.

I wish he would see the value in a proper tunnel ram, I think that would sell like hotcakes too.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  DaveMcLain April 12th 2018, 11:38 am

It just seems strange to me but I'm sure it is all about return on investment. I've seen aftermarket versions of the EFI 460 head before so that makes me wonder. How much difference would there be in the tooling to make that head vs a DOOE-R style casting? I assume a lot when it comes to the cores themselves.

DaveMcLain

Back to top Go down

Post  Colt Macara April 12th 2018, 3:35 pm

This is why the guy on eBay can ask $1750 for a set of bare iron used heads. Randys quote from the manufacturers is probably realistic in the business sense. ("not enough market share to be worth the investment involved") if you stop and think about the SCJ iron application..... How many sets of those would you sell.... realistically. The buyer would have to be a purist, and even then aftermarket?, or a special class. And, are there not already iron heads that would perform better to fit the class rules? This is the same problem with high output headers. D&D is pretty much fox swaps now. Maddog waits until he has enough orders to run an engine swap set so you could be looking at 6-8 months for headers. The big boys, Hooker, Hedman are pretty much standard fit stuff. If Hedmans 460 headers are anything like the flanges I just bought from them, they will impede the flow of your $3000 heads.....might as well run manifolds. If you have to run Iron Heads because of class restrictions, there are enough porters on these 2 boards that can quickly solve that problem. 0.02
Colt Macara
Colt Macara

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 April 12th 2018, 4:46 pm

If they were less then say 950? I could prob sell 10 pair right now,TRUCK PULLERS, Some can only run a part num head head.
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Colt Macara April 12th 2018, 6:14 pm

BOSS 429 wrote:If they were less then say 950?  I could prob sell 10 pair right now,TRUCK PULLERS, Some can only run a part num head head.

Interesting, 5 year old thread on "CJ Iron" from this very forum. So, what did we get? AFR Bullit's. Smile

https://www.429-460.com/t16582-improved-iron-replacement-cj-head

Last edited by Colt Macara on April 14th 2018, 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No help from (form) spellcheck..... :))
Colt Macara
Colt Macara

Back to top Go down

Post  427John April 16th 2018, 5:03 pm

Could a replacement head like this be manufactured using either SCJ port cores or PI port cores and offered in both versions?A PI version would give porter's a cleaner canvas to start with instead of having to work within the boundaries of the existing SCJ port and may work better with smaller engines,or do the rules requiring iron heads also not allow porting?

427John

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down