BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New built 466 cu in engine... SOLD, Thx

Go down

New built 466 cu in engine... SOLD, Thx Empty New built 466 cu in engine... SOLD, Thx

Post  fordloverracing March 31st 2019, 2:11 pm

This engine was built for someone locally but he has gotten himself in a jam and can't take it now.
Block was a virgin stock bore/no damage D9TE which was baked, soda blasted, decked, bored/honed and align honed. Was then bored .030" and Speed Pro pistons/rings were installed on re-conned DOOE rods using a D9TE crank at .010" R and .020" M. Rod/main bearings are Clevite while the cam bearings are Durobond. New Mellings M84 std oil pump/screen and a std oil pan installed. A Comp Cams 34-231-4 cam/lifter kit/timing chain were used ( the cam is a 256 hydraulic flat tappet-FF X4 256H-11 grind). Heads are a fresh built set of D0VE-C's with new valves, springs, retainers, keepers and seals.....surfaces only skim cut for flatness. Stock posi-stop valve train. A stock cast iron 4V intake manifold, a NEW Dura-spark distributor, new Motorcraft plug wires, new fuel pump and new water pump finish up the parts used. I ran a 3 hour break-in using one of my new Holley mule carbs but planned on installing a new 750 Edelbrock carb for the customer....that is open for discussion.
Engine does not have an alternator (I can install factory brackets if needed), power steering/brackets, air cleaner, bellhousing or flywheel... I can install a used flexplate if needed. I have several sets of stock exhaust manifolds that I can pick from if needed also.
I use Fastenal for just about all my engine shipping due to their promptness and good prices but can ship via most major truck lines also. I will build an enclosed crate and deliver to chosen shipper for a flat fee of $50.00. Engine is still on the test stand if someone wants to check it out. Price of engine is $3500.00, no trades.
Thanks for the Forum space, Rick
Located in the Knoxville, TN area, zip 37804.
Link to build pictures;

https://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/1146042

Will post a later pic of engine build as soon as I can get it located.
New built 466 cu in engine... SOLD, Thx Image3-(1)

Last edited by fordloverracing on April 25th 2019, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Emgine sold)
fordloverracing
fordloverracing

Back to top Go down

New built 466 cu in engine... SOLD, Thx Empty Re: New built 466 cu in engine... SOLD, Thx

Post  cycleguy55 April 4th 2019, 12:44 pm

Compression ratio? HP / torque?

cycleguy55

Back to top Go down

New built 466 cu in engine... SOLD, Thx Empty Compression ratio is 10.3 to 1

Post  fordloverracing April 4th 2019, 9:35 pm

Don't know real HP & torque figures yet... engine has not been dyno'ed only a 3 hour break-in so far.
fordloverracing
fordloverracing

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum