BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

finally got a win * updated locked up championship*

+10
glenevans
rmcomprandy
biglucky
Lem Evans
t-bird racer
Mark Miller
stanger68
jasonf
AZFairlane
5pointslow
14 posters

Go down

finally got a win * updated locked up championship* Empty finally got a win * updated locked up championship*

Post  5pointslow August 20th 2019, 7:12 am

finally got a win * updated locked up championship* 20190810

Been to as many track rentals and testing earlier in the year that i could and been at it to gain seat time.
Thanks to all you guys for any input or help that you have given me along the way

Thanks
Andy

Last edited by 5pointslow on October 16th 2019, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

finally got a win * updated locked up championship* Empty Re: finally got a win * updated locked up championship*

Post  5pointslow August 20th 2019, 8:30 am

going next week to run 10.00 index at yellowbullet nats as well
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

finally got a win * updated locked up championship* Empty Re: finally got a win * updated locked up championship*

Post  AZFairlane August 20th 2019, 4:39 pm

Congrats! The first one is so special.
AZFairlane
AZFairlane
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf August 20th 2019, 5:05 pm

Awesome congrats!
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 August 20th 2019, 11:11 pm

Congratulations!

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller August 20th 2019, 11:37 pm

Congrats looks like the kinked Header hasn't effected winning!! Smile

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  t-bird racer August 21st 2019, 3:45 pm

Congratulations
t-bird racer
t-bird racer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans August 21st 2019, 5:15 pm

cheers

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow August 22nd 2019, 7:42 am

thank you guys
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  biglucky August 23rd 2019, 9:51 am

Congrats,it feels good to get that first one.
biglucky
biglucky

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow August 23rd 2019, 3:27 pm

biglucky wrote:Congrats,it feels good to get that first one.

I cant be happier with the way the year has gone , new car / new class and first time racing in a class . i have gone down the track many times over the years but never for points or class raced

im cutting good lights average around .020 on a .400 pro tree been .010 -.015 but id say .020 as an average and using a hipster trans brake , i never expected to put it all together this soon . Im 3rd in points and only 9 out from leader with 4 races remaining
car is a simple combo solid flat tappet cam noting crazy i go through traps 6600-6700 range But it just plain WORKS!

im only 30 years old but i remember my father bringing me to New england dragway when i was 8 years old and was hooked on cars and thought about having my picture taken in victory lane one day (had visions of racing ) . So it was kind of cool to do that and share it with my father/brother/wife at the track

thanks for kind words guys
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy August 23rd 2019, 7:48 pm

5pointslow wrote:
biglucky wrote:Congrats,it feels good to get that first one.

I cant be happier with the way the year has gone , new car / new class and first time racing in a class . i have gone down the track many times over the years but never for points or class raced

im cutting good lights average around .020 on a .400 pro tree been .010 -.015 but id say .020 as an average and using a hipster trans brake , i never expected to put it all together this soon . Im 3rd in points and only 9 out from leader with 4 races remaining
car is a simple combo solid flat tappet cam noting crazy i go through traps 6600-6700 range But it just plain WORKS!

im only 30 years old but i remember my father bringing me to New england dragway when i was 8 years old and was hooked on cars and thought about having my picture taken in victory lane one day (had visions of racing ) . So it was kind of cool to do that and share it with my father/brother/wife at the track

thanks for kind words guys

Unlike so many other younger people ... you get it.

A good reliable combination which is not totally maxed-out yet runs the number can bring a lot of enjoyment.
Especially because you work on it because you WANT to ... not because you HAVE to.

Congratulations for what you are doing.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow August 23rd 2019, 9:59 pm

thanks Randy i really appreciate that

i have had a mortgage since i was 23 , and racing is a hobby and having a car for 10.00 index /10.50 index its simple setup and maintenance is within reason
that doesnt effect my home life or cause any of those issues that some others "go for broke "

.060 over 460 , out of the box eddy heads , icon piston and a custom ground sft cam from you ..simple but works great.
i make a pass ,come back to pits run water pump and fan with charger and make sure the burgers dont burn on the grill lol

a lot of people cant believe i dont have a roller cam , and i tell them i have to slow up to run the index . So what gain would a roller cam be with heavier valve springs and wear n tear just to slow up
.another great thing i feel not be maxed out with some big roller and springs is valve lash . I check the lash every 2 races and all year they have not been out or needed and adjustment so i assume not be high rpm or big cam the valve train is happy

LESS is more in some cases
im learning everyday , listen to others and try to always improve

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  glenevans August 24th 2019, 12:47 pm

Nice! Congrats

glenevans

Back to top Go down

Post  70FB September 15th 2019, 9:20 am

Awesome job on all. I meant to try to catch you at YBN but missed you. We had one in Ultra and two in pro dial.
Glad to see you’re having a good year.
70FB
70FB
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow September 23rd 2019, 9:36 am

I got another win on Sat the 21st
and moved up to the lead in points from 3rd ! i have 3 races to go

im having a lot of fun and cutting good lights

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  69F100 September 23rd 2019, 12:00 pm

Congrats on the 2nd win and lead in the points
69F100
69F100
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  dfree383 September 23rd 2019, 3:52 pm

cheers
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller September 23rd 2019, 8:59 pm

5pointslow wrote:I got another win on Sat the 21st
and moved up to the lead in points from 3rd !  i have 3 races to go

im having a lot of fun and cutting good lights

Congrats on the Win and the points lead!! Smile

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow September 24th 2019, 10:23 am

thanks guys
its been a lot of fun simple set up

i get a lot of looks when they realize i have a solid lifter cam , and using M&H slicks lol

5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow October 16th 2019, 12:47 pm

last race is this sat
i have an 81 point lead on second place and have it locked up championship wise

I have had a blast this year winning races and being in the game , cutting good lights on the .400 pro tree i have been in the .015-.030 for lights  the most part as an average
As stated before the combo is simple but it plain works

Thanks to all on here that has helped me over the years with any tech or questions that you have answered .
I truly am grateful

finally got a win * updated locked up championship* Red_fa10
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle November 3rd 2019, 3:05 pm

Congrats!

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down