BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions on stroker.

4 posters

Go down

Opinions on stroker. Empty Opinions on stroker.

Post  the tree man October 10th 2019, 11:11 pm

Currently a 10:1,466 w/crudely ported/big valve d3 heads,Cam Research SFT 245/250 .600/.600 cam,Blue Thunder dual quad w/2x600 VS Holleys. Street cruiser but I have it tuned well and runs out not bad. I scored a set of nicely ported SCJ heads and now debating on a 521 to take better advantage of this head upgrade. Curious what the HP/TQ increase would be with the stroker and heads as opposed to the heads alone on the 466 combo? I would upgrade the cam too with the 521 but would have to stay FT since the budget was stretched with the heads and my wallet will have to tap out with the stroker and cam. Maybe dual 750's down the road.
the tree man
the tree man

Back to top Go down

Opinions on stroker. Empty Re: Opinions on stroker.

Post  gt350hr October 14th 2019, 2:06 pm

I have a NEW old stock Ford racing 521 kit still in Ford boxes. Crank , bushed truck rods , TRW dish pistons, moly rings , bearings ,  etc , to which I have added a new counterweight , double roller truck timing chain and gears ,  and stock 460 balancer , plus a used flex plate , Weiand aluminum pump , timing cover . I'm in So Cal so shipping could be a bit pricey. $1250 + shipping would buy everything listed plus some misc bolts for the timing cover.  PM if interested. All parts listed as new ARE. A typical increase is 80 or so HP and around 100
    Randy

gt350hr

Back to top Go down

Post  the tree man October 14th 2019, 10:06 pm

I sent a PM,I think,so I'll double up here.Definitely interested and have a few questions.A phone call would be great so please PM your number and a convenient time to call.
the tree man
the tree man

Back to top Go down

Opinions on stroker. Empty fairlane

Post  hbstang October 25th 2019, 7:57 pm

i like your fairlane.i building one myself.and yes,go the stroker for sure.
hbstang
hbstang

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave De October 25th 2019, 11:49 pm

Curious what the HP/TQ increase would be with the stroker and heads as opposed to the heads alone on the 466 combo?

I would think that the extra cubes and SCJ's over D3's could yield 160hp over the earlier build assuming that the SFT cam is big enough and you bump the compression with aluminum heads. Those D3's are just not worth running I'm glad that you ran into the SCJ's, a great bang for the buck.
Dave De
Dave De

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum