BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question: 11.2 block

4 posters

Go down

Question: 11.2 block Empty Question: 11.2 block

Post  JBR-3 October 30th 2019, 10:55 pm

Last edited by JBR-3 on October 17th 2020, 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

JBR-3

Back to top Go down

Question: 11.2 block Empty Re: Question: 11.2 block

Post  BBFTorino October 31st 2019, 12:33 am

Not 100% sure, but it seems like C and C is the only maker of these blocks....unless you have a custom billet block machined.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Paul Kane October 31st 2019, 4:21 pm

The mid/late-1980’s era AR-style block was available tall deck, std deck, solid, jacketed, etc. but I’m not sure exactly which companies and/or persons offered them all back then.

They might have been made by Arias-Root (A/R) back in the day. The A/R blocks had the accessory drive feature cast into the front of the block. I’ve always felt that block design was the nicer of the blocks and feel personally the A96 to be less desireaboe due to an occasionally observed issue with a feature of that block’s (original) design (since revised).

Root says when he and Arias parted ways, Root took the original patterns with him and Arias had Tom Roberts make new patterns. I do know those new Arias patterns could make a tall deck block as a friend of mine bought one.

Seyler eventually bought Arias’ newer tooling, which at first stayed at Arias’ shop where blocks continued to be produced, and later took possession of everything but I don’t think Seyler ever made any blocks himself. C&C ended up with those patterns sometime later. I’m not positive but I think C&C has since had that tooling reworked and/or recreated. And I think Tom Roberts also revised the A96 version tooling which C&C sells today. (One would need to check directly with C&C regarding those last two sentences.)

(It is also my understanding that Root created a post-Arias-Root block that looked nothing like any other 385 Series block ever made, with several unusual new features such as largely pouched water jackets on the block exterior and things like that. I’ve never personally seen one of these but a friend of mine has seen more than one.)

Root says his AR tooling was sold to Trick Flow back in the day but that they never made any blocks.  My guess is that those patterns changed hands a few times since then or were intentionally “destroyed” but I don’t want to get into all that. Arrow
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 October 31st 2019, 10:57 pm

If you need I have a nice A.R. svo 11.200 4.625 ish bore, for sale, has steel caps already .

and a set of new in the box JE 4.635 pistons on the shelf for A.R heads
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFTorino November 1st 2019, 2:52 am

Paul Kane wrote:The mid/late-1980’s era AR-style block was available tall deck, std deck, solid, jacketed, etc. but I’m not sure exactly which companies and/or persons offered them all back then.

They might have been made by Arias-Root (A/R) back in the day. The A/R blocks had the accessory drive feature cast into the front of the block. I’ve always felt that block design was the nicer of the blocks and feel personally the A96 to be less desireaboe due to an occasionally observed issue with a feature of that block’s (original) design (since revised).

Root says when he and Arias parted ways, Root took the original patterns with him and Arias had Tom Roberts make new patterns. I do know those new Arias patterns could make a tall deck block as a friend of mine bought one.

Seyler eventually bought Arias’ newer tooling, which at first stayed at Arias’ shop where blocks continued to be produced, and later took possession of everything but I don’t think Seyler ever made any blocks himself. C&C ended up with those patterns sometime later. I’m not positive but I think C&C has since had that tooling reworked and/or recreated. And I think Tom Roberts also revised the A96 version tooling which C&C sells today. (One would need to check directly with C&C regarding those last two sentences.)

(It is also my understanding that Root created a post-Arias-Root block that looked nothing like any other 385 Series block ever made, with several unusual new features such as largely pouched water jackets on the block exterior and things like that. I’ve never personally seen one of these but a friend of mine has seen more than one.)

Root says his AR tooling was sold to Trick Flow back in the day but that they never made any blocks.  My guess is that those patterns changed hands a few times since then or were intentionally “destroyed” but I don’t want to get into all that. Arrow
I'd say that's pretty good info. When it comes to big block aluminum Ford blocks, the choices are rather slim as compared to the many makers of Chevy aluminum blocks, but that is a given.
I recall seeing a flyer for new aluminum Ford blocks from Blue Thunder, but it never happened. Makes me wonder if they ever made any prototypes.

BBFTorino

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down