BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breather setup

+2
chuck stevens
jones
6 posters

Go down

Breather setup Empty Breather setup

Post  jones December 26th 2009, 11:52 pm

Does anyone know where I can find a fitting that I can use with these stock valve covers. I want to attach a breather tube and run it to a catch can mounted on the firewall. Or how about a very open breather. I can't seem to find anything that will fit.
Breather setup 034

jones

Back to top Go down

Breather setup Empty Re: Breather setup

Post  chuck stevens December 27th 2009, 3:27 pm

Perhaps Lem can help ya. Those covers came in P/N M-6582-A429R. A set which included oil fill cap and grommets. Very Happy

chuck stevens

http://E-MAIL= stevensracingent@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post  richter69 December 27th 2009, 4:16 pm

I took some 3/8" thick alum plate and made some squares that bolted over the holes in the covers, had um tapped 2/4"npt, you can screw anything into them from there. A nitrous engine needs a puke tank with a breather on top as opposed to just a breather on top of the cover. One per side is prefered, you can get the clamp on style breathers from Jegs.
richter69
richter69

Back to top Go down

Post  jones December 27th 2009, 6:19 pm

Yup, I want to setup some type of puke tank to keep the engine compartment some what clean if she starts breathing hard.

jones

Back to top Go down

Breather setup Empty breather set up

Post  blown473 December 27th 2009, 7:46 pm

Morso makes a nice breather/puke tank combo, it has a drain cock on the bottom and its baffled so oil doesn't spray out into your engine compartment. I'm running one on each side of my motor, and they have worked out great. Only drawback is they are a little pricey at about $75. each. If you want to see how they look and the breathers I have pics of my motor on the car buildup section under "my f100 " blown 473
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 1st 2010, 11:47 pm

I'd run 2 of the breathers that come in the evac setup kit and plumb them into a single puke tank... These breathers simply pop into the grommets that a you can stick in those holes.

If those holes are too big for grommets then what about using 2 stock screw in style caps that had the breather tube in them. You could probably find them at the junkyard. I'm talking about the ones that had the tube from the oil cap to the breather element inside the old round air cleaner assemblies...

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Breather setup Empty nice motor

Post  blown473 January 2nd 2010, 12:56 am

Nice clean looking motor by the way.
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf January 2nd 2010, 10:12 am

blown473 wrote:Morso makes a nice breather/puke tank combo, it has a drain cock on the bottom and its baffled so oil doesn't spray out into your engine compartment. I'm running one on each side of my motor, and they have worked out great. Only drawback is they are a little pricey at about $75. each. If you want to see how they look and the breathers I have pics of my motor on the car buildup section under "my f100 " blown 473

I looked and couldn't find it. I also tried to search it by my f100 and by blown473 and had no luck. Do you have a link?
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf January 2nd 2010, 10:17 am

jasonf wrote:
blown473 wrote:Morso makes a nice breather/puke tank combo, it has a drain cock on the bottom and its baffled so oil doesn't spray out into your engine compartment. I'm running one on each side of my motor, and they have worked out great. Only drawback is they are a little pricey at about $75. each. If you want to see how they look and the breathers I have pics of my motor on the car buildup section under "my f100 " blown 473

I looked and couldn't find it. I also tried to search it by my f100 and by blown473 and had no luck. Do you have a link?

I think I found it on the other site. Surprised

http://www.460ford.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141551&highlight=my+f100
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Breather setup Empty Breather #

Post  blown473 January 2nd 2010, 8:35 pm

I believe the part # is moroso 85465 ( don't hold me to it, but I think thats it.) Like I said earlier they are pricey , about $75. each but excellent part. I polished mine, the aluminum was so smooth it was easy. There are pics on the other forum and this one, click on the engine pic. Very Happy
blown473
blown473

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down