BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That's racing they say but this one hurt a little ........

3 posters

Go down

That's racing they say but this one hurt a little ........ Empty That's racing they say but this one hurt a little ........

Post  5pointslow September 13th 2021, 10:09 am

So this weekend at Lebanon valley Ny there was a no time event but also had 6.50 index 1/8th mile class i entered
Friday we tested and struggled as this was on a .500 pro tree and i run reg on a .400 pro tree

I went from
4100 launch rpm all the way down to 2500rpm
front tires from 40lbs to 22lbs  
put rear tire at 11 vs 13
front end full loose

just trickled the bulb when staging during the day we went .011 ,.009 and .015 reaction times but then when we got to semi's i went RED -.012 but what hurt was i kept my foot in it to get some info . It ran a 6.500 as that was our luck but thats racing and we had a lot of fun started out with 23 or 24 cars and went rounds on a tree we dont usually run . If i do this type of racing again on a .500 pro tree i will get another transbrake button that has shims to play with as my biondo double O is really fast

Below is a video my wife made and hope you guys like it , we are not pro's at the you tube stuff just a husband and wife that enjoy some index racing

5pointslow
5pointslow

Curt, Gregaust, Mark Miller and Colt Macara like this post

Back to top Go down

That's racing they say but this one hurt a little ........ Empty Re: That's racing they say but this one hurt a little ........

Post  rmcomprandy September 15th 2021, 12:46 pm

5pointslow wrote:So this weekend at Lebanon valley Ny there was a no time event but also had 6.50 index 1/8th mile class i entered
Friday we tested and struggled as this was on a .500 pro tree and i run reg on a .400 pro tree

I went from
4100 launch rpm all the way down to 2500rpm
front tires from 40lbs to 22lbs  
put rear tire at 11 vs 13
front end full loose

just trickled the bulb when staging during the day we went .011 ,.009 and .015 reaction times but then when we got to semi's i went RED -.012 but what hurt was i kept my foot in it to get some info . It ran a 6.500 as that was our luck but thats racing and we had a lot of fun started out with 23 or 24 cars and went rounds on a tree we dont usually run . If i do this type of racing again on a .500 pro tree i will get another transbrake button that has shims to play with as my biondo double O is really fast

Below is a video my wife made and hope you guys like it , we are not pro's at the you tube stuff just a husband and wife that enjoy some index racing

Good driving as a whole ... what really hurts is that the other guy "broke out" on the red light run.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Mark Miller and Colt Macara like this post

Back to top Go down

That's racing they say but this one hurt a little ........ Empty Re: That's racing they say but this one hurt a little ........

Post  Mustang-junky September 15th 2021, 8:56 pm

You're kinda close to me. I'm a couple hours west of Lebanon Valley.

Jess
Mustang-junky
Mustang-junky

Back to top Go down

Post  5pointslow September 26th 2021, 4:31 pm

Mustang-junky wrote:You're kinda close to me.  I'm a couple hours west of Lebanon Valley.

Jess

we are between boston and cape cod Mass , from taunton ma to lebanon valley is 2 hours and 45 minutes roughly for us .
I enjoy racing certain events there but my home track is in NH new england dragway . Lebanon valley has a killer 1/2 mile dirt track there that i love watching the dirt mods on

small world for sure
5pointslow
5pointslow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down