BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

convert to full float connecting rod

3 posters

Go down

convert to full float connecting rod Empty convert to full float connecting rod

Post  Kobelco September 27th 2021, 10:48 am

has anyone on here converted stock rods to full float? use what part number bronze bushing and where to acquire reamer from? have a nice day.

Kobelco

Back to top Go down

convert to full float connecting rod Empty Re: convert to full float connecting rod

Post  gt350hr September 27th 2021, 11:01 am

Eagle has the bushings t do it.

gt350hr

Kobelco likes this post

Back to top Go down

convert to full float connecting rod Empty Re: convert to full float connecting rod

Post  Paul Kane September 27th 2021, 5:35 pm

Kobelco wrote:has anyone on here converted stock rods to full float? ...
Bronze bushing aside, I've run lots of stock rods that were honed out to float the wrist pin, no bronze bushing. It might be prudent to drill an oil hole or two through the pin boss so as to allow lubrication but I suppose this feature could be application specific.  When running floated rods steel-on-steel, a thou per inch of pin diameter is a good rule of thumb (ie, for 1.040" pin hone the pin boss for ~0.0010"-0.0012").
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Kobelco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobelco September 27th 2021, 9:19 pm

Paul Kane wrote:
Kobelco wrote:has anyone on here converted stock rods to full float? ...
Bronze bushing aside, I've run lots of stock rods that were honed out to float the wrist pin, no bronze bushing. It might be prudent to drill an oil hole or two through the pin boss so as to allow lubrication but I suppose this feature could be application specific.  When running floated rods steel-on-steel, a thou per inch of pin diameter is a good rule of thumb (ie, for 1.040" pin hone the pin boss for ~0.0010"-0.0012").

Street use and light hot rod'ing ok steel on steel?    I'd still like to do a set of rods with bronze have a reamer number? it would have to be piloted I would think.

Kobelco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down