BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out from the shadows and finally have a BBF

3 posters

Go down

Out from the shadows and finally have a BBF Empty Out from the shadows and finally have a BBF

Post  dignlif March 24th 2022, 12:55 pm

Hey folks,

Rich Pedraza here. I've been around a long time but never had anything to add since I've been in dreamer mode with my pooch 429W running 11's. I finally upgraded to a big block with the generous help of my good friend Bill Fowler. I bought his 'little' engine for my '67 Mustang when he decided to go another route on one of his projects. It's an A head 572 with only 11:1 compression for street manners as I like to run the Drag n Drive events, which I've been doing since 2009. After a year of struggling to fit it in while still keeping it legal for a particular drag and drive class, I finally got it lit just before Rocky Mountain Raceweek 1.0 2021. This first event was certainly an adventure and although I somehow ran a 10.50@128 in Denver with a DA of 8,800, a couple issues caused me problems during that whole week and at Hotrod Dragweek a few months later. Although I finished both events, the car just wasn't doing what we expected.

With some deeper investigation and help, I finally got it all worked out and had a decent outing this February at the inaugural Sick the Magazine SickWeek. Although I was one of the slower N/A cars that showed up, I was happy to have averaged 9.76@137 (1.35 60') in my 3,500 lb car, leaving on foot-break. Testing the day before, the first time the car had actually run on all 8 cylinders consistently, it ran a best of 9.60@140 so there is still more there. Now I can start having fun with the car and focus on chassis tuning and the like. Next event I'll be taking it to is a return to Rocky Mountain Raceweek in June to hopefully redeem myself and the car flying the Big Hat Racing colors alongside Bill.Out from the shadows and finally have a BBF Sw_20210
Out from the shadows and finally have a BBF Sw_20211

Last edited by dignlif on March 24th 2022, 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pix)

dignlif

http://www.hotrodsandbbq.com

QtrWarrior, Mark Miller and Calkins like this post

Back to top Go down

Out from the shadows and finally have a BBF Empty Re: Out from the shadows and finally have a BBF

Post  Calkins April 5th 2022, 10:11 pm

Good Job Rich! I will have to find some time to chat with you at RMRW. Last year was our first. My brother has a brown Fairmont wagon that we ran in 11.00. You pitted next to us in Kearney, the ten minutes that you were there! Out from the shadows and finally have a BBF 1f62a I'm not sure all of what you had going on, but I heard it was a hard couple of days. Much luck this year!
Calkins
Calkins

Back to top Go down

Out from the shadows and finally have a BBF Empty welcome

Post  hbstang February 7th 2023, 4:51 pm

theres lots of knowelge here.looks like you do drag and drive events?love the early mustangs!
hbstang
hbstang

Back to top Go down

Out from the shadows and finally have a BBF Empty Re: Out from the shadows and finally have a BBF

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down