BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

+4
litshoot
hbstang
rmcomprandy
4speed390
8 posters

Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  4speed390 June 29th 2022, 4:34 pm

Hey Everyone,

Well I am pretty much looking for exactly what the title asks...which engine block options do I have that can usually handle a 4.65-4.7" bore? I would prefer to stay at 4.9BS

Thanks,
Jim

4speed390

Posts : 5
Join date : 2019-06-11

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty Re: BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  rmcomprandy June 29th 2022, 7:18 pm

4speed390 wrote:Hey Everyone,

Well I am pretty much looking for exactly what the title asks...which engine block options do I have that can usually handle a 4.65-4.7" bore?  I would prefer to stay at 4.9BS

Thanks,
Jim

There are a few but, actually getting one these days is almost impossible, unless you are really lucky.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5790
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty Re: BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  4speed390 June 29th 2022, 8:17 pm

rmcomprandy wrote:
4speed390 wrote:Hey Everyone,

Well I am pretty much looking for exactly what the title asks...which engine block options do I have that can usually handle a 4.65-4.7" bore?  I would prefer to stay at 4.9BS

Thanks,
Jim

There are a few but, actually getting one these days is almost impossible, unless you are really lucky.

I am guessing that you are talking about the eliminator block? Or something from C&C?

4speed390

Posts : 5
Join date : 2019-06-11

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty block

Post  hbstang June 29th 2022, 10:10 pm

most likley it would be the eliminator block only.why would you need that big of bore?the 10.320 block will take a 4.750 stroke and that would be a 638 with a 4.625 bore
hbstang
hbstang

Posts : 243
Join date : 2012-10-29
Location : socal

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty Re: BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  4speed390 June 29th 2022, 11:05 pm

hbstang wrote:most likley it would be the eliminator block only.why would you need that big of bore?the 10.320 block will take a 4.750 stroke and that would be a 638 with a 4.625 bore
I want to run a small stroke, big bore engine...it's a combo I have always wanted to do.

4speed390

Posts : 5
Join date : 2019-06-11

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty ford 500 pro stock block

Post  hbstang June 30th 2022, 10:50 am

4speed390 wrote:
hbstang wrote:most likley it would be the eliminator block only.why would you need that big of bore?the 10.320 block will take a 4.750 stroke and that would be a 638 with a 4.625 bore
I want to run a small stroke, big bore engine...it's a combo I have always wanted to do.

thats like the ford 500 pro stock block.i think its a 9.2 deck,and they show up once in a while.thats an a500 block,i have seen them advertised for saleand they should go to 4.700 bore.there was some on facebook a while back.
hbstang
hbstang

Posts : 243
Join date : 2012-10-29
Location : socal

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty Re: BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  litshoot July 1st 2022, 3:06 pm

While it may catch some heat. i bought a used a460 built and running as a 624. 4.7 pistons and 4.5 stroke. needs some careful machining, but is possible. realistically though premier is spec'd to 4.7 or an aftermarket aluminum that's made for it. most things are hard to find at this time.

litshoot

Posts : 100
Join date : 2015-09-11
Location : Sfl

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty Re: BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  BBFTorino July 3rd 2022, 9:53 pm

I seen a guy on FB 385 series Ford forum who is making aluminum blocks out of solid billet, and they have machined out coolant passages too!
I think he made about 5 or 6 already, but they are not cheap....about $13,500.
I would have no problem paying that either, if I was in that realm of engine extremes!

BBFTorino

Posts : 907
Join date : 2015-12-31

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty Re: BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  dfree383 July 4th 2022, 2:30 pm

Call C&C and Eliminator see what they can do for you.

Derick Timmer is another source for Billet stuff, but they are not cheap.
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14588
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty Re: BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  Curt July 4th 2022, 2:46 pm

I'd try Chris Holbrook also. He has made some big engines. I know he built a billet big block years ago.
Curt
Curt

Posts : 2764
Join date : 2009-02-08
Age : 60
Location : Henrietta, Texas but mostly on the road

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty Re: BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  Lem Evans July 5th 2022, 6:27 pm

The best A460 blocks are good for 4.650". Very much a minority that will get there. Most 4.600-4.625".

Eliminator or not....better sonic check those deals if you are going past 4.650". Not all are good for 4.675-4.700"

Lem Evans

Posts : 7377
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty Re: BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  4speed390 July 6th 2022, 3:05 pm

Thanks All for the replies...also has anyone decked a 10.32 block down to 9.8 or something close to it?

one other thing for the older guys...i came across a C460 BLOCK...which has a 9.75" (i think) deck height...has anyone used one of them before?

4speed390

Posts : 5
Join date : 2019-06-11

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty Re: BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  rmcomprandy July 6th 2022, 4:49 pm

4speed390 wrote:Thanks All for the replies...also has anyone decked a 10.32 block down to 9.8 or something close to it?  

one other thing for the older guys...i came across a C460 BLOCK...which has a 9.75" (i think) deck height...has anyone used one of them before?

You can safely deck it to until the upper bell housing holes start to show threads.

rmcomprandy

Posts : 5790
Join date : 2008-12-02
Location : Roseville, Michigan

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty Re: BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  dfree383 July 7th 2022, 4:37 pm

4speed390 wrote:Thanks All for the replies...also has anyone decked a 10.32 block down to 9.8 or something close to it?  

one other thing for the older guys...i came across a C460 BLOCK...which has a 9.75" (i think) deck height...has anyone used one of them before?

If your needing that, best to look for an old pro stock block. A500 stuff
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14588
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

Back to top Go down

BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore Empty Re: BBF Engine Block That can handle 4.65-4.7 Bore

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum