BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultrasonic thickness tester make\model

3 posters

Go down

Ultrasonic thickness tester make\model Empty Ultrasonic thickness tester makemodel

Post  Kobelco November 2nd 2022, 6:40 pm

The tester I had ordered from Amazon can't accurately check the thickness of cast iron so it went back, those that have one what brand\model gives accurate info?

Kobelco

Back to top Go down

Ultrasonic thickness tester make\model Empty Re: Ultrasonic thickness tester make\model

Post  Paul Kane November 3rd 2022, 12:15 pm

Kobelco wrote:The tester I had ordered from Amazon can't accurately check the thickness of cast iron so it went back, those that have one what brand\model gives accurate info?  
When calibrated correctly (which is not necessarily the calibration method the manufacturer recommends), most brands these days can be very accurate.  I've tested a $1500 model against a $200 model and once correctly calibrated the readings between the two were basically the same.

I'm curious: which brand/model did you purchase that you did not find suitable?
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Kobelco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Ultrasonic thickness tester make\model Empty Re: Ultrasonic thickness tester make\model

Post  lance flake November 3rd 2022, 4:12 pm

I've got a cheap e-bay tester. Works for me pretty well. Sometimes you have to play with different setting for the material being used. Grey cast, nodular, ect to get it to read properly.

lance flake

Kobelco likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Kobelco November 3rd 2022, 7:01 pm

VVV-Group Please share what you use...

Kobelco

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down