BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the Mildon Windage tray Preferred over the Canton screen type one?

5 posters

Go down

Is the Mildon Windage tray Preferred over the Canton screen type one? Empty Is the Mildon Windage tray Preferred over the Canton screen type one?

Post  ED468 December 30th 2022, 8:34 pm

Using on a 4.3 stroke and a open type canton pan was afraid of oil being pulled onto the crank. Read the metal louvered type worked better?

ED468

Back to top Go down

Is the Mildon Windage tray Preferred over the Canton screen type one? Empty windage tray

Post  manofmerc December 31st 2022, 9:59 am

Ed I cant comment on any differences between the two windage trays .But I want to remind you to check dipstick clearance if you are using the dipstick that goes into the timing cover .If so you need to trim the tray .Just a heads up! Doug

manofmerc
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

The Pope and ED468 like this post

Back to top Go down

Is the Mildon Windage tray Preferred over the Canton screen type one? Empty Re: Is the Mildon Windage tray Preferred over the Canton screen type one?

Post  dfree383 December 31st 2022, 12:30 pm

I’ve never dyno tested them to see if theirs a difference, but have used the canton ones many times
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

ED468 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Is the Mildon Windage tray Preferred over the Canton screen type one? Empty Re: Is the Mildon Windage tray Preferred over the Canton screen type one?

Post  Paul Kane January 4th 2023, 6:09 pm

ED468 wrote:Is the Mildon Windage tray Preferred over the Canton screen type one?  Using on a 4.3 stroke and a open type canton pan was afraid of oil being pulled onto the crank. Read the metal louvered type worked better?
Consider Option #3: Weld a windage tray into the open pan.  I personally feel that a windage tray in the pan is the type that can be the most effective for windage control.
Paul Kane
Paul Kane

http://www.highflowdynamics.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lem Evans January 4th 2023, 8:02 pm

Paul Kane wrote:
ED468 wrote:Is the Mildon Windage tray Preferred over the Canton screen type one?  Using on a 4.3 stroke and a open type canton pan was afraid of oil being pulled onto the crank. Read the metal louvered type worked better?
Consider Option #3: Weld a windage tray into the open pan.  I personally feel that a windage tray in the pan is the type that can be the most effective for windage control.

For sure!

Lem Evans

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Back to top Go down

Is the Mildon Windage tray Preferred over the Canton screen type one? Empty Windage Tray.

Post  ED468 January 13th 2023, 4:41 pm

Thanks Guys! Is there a certain tray best to weld on a old type Canton Foxbody Pan? Thinking might as well get a good one. Bet your talking louvered type Smile

ED468

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down