BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you stitch weld egt bungs with a Mig?

2 posters

Go down

Can you stitch weld egt bungs with a Mig? Empty Can you stitch weld egt bungs with a Mig?

Post  HorsinAround January 4th 2023, 12:59 pm

Can you stich weld EGT bungs to header tubes using a Mig? I know TIG is the best way, But I have not started practicing with mine and don't want to ruin an expensive set of headers..

Thanks
Alan
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Can you stitch weld egt bungs with a Mig? Empty Re: Can you stitch weld egt bungs with a Mig?

Post  stanger68 January 4th 2023, 5:59 pm

I did.

stanger68

Mark Miller likes this post

Back to top Go down

Can you stitch weld egt bungs with a Mig? Empty Re: Can you stitch weld egt bungs with a Mig?

Post  HorsinAround January 4th 2023, 8:16 pm

Ok. I asked because I was reading that Mig would make the metal brittle and crack. Thats why I was thinking stitch welding them in would prevent that.
HorsinAround
HorsinAround

http://www.frontpagefab.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stanger68 January 5th 2023, 12:59 am

I didn’t really stitch it per say ┬álike a body panel. After the initial tack welds. I just burned it in with 2-3 short beads. Just be confident in your welder settings are not too hot. ┬áThese were O2 bungs in the collector. Worked great. They’ve been in use for several years with no issues. I did it this way to be sure there was no pin holes to let air in and skew the readings.

stanger68

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down