BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preferred Head Gasket

5 posters

Go down

Preferred Head Gasket Empty Preferred Head Gasket

Post  Tonyb January 21st 2023, 8:59 am

Installing a TFS A-460 18 bolt head onto a factory 10 bolt block. What is the preferred head gasket to use, a 10 or 18 bolt?

Thank you,

Tony.

Tonyb

Posts : 2
Join date : 2023-01-20

Back to top Go down

Preferred Head Gasket Empty Re: Preferred Head Gasket

Post  supervel45 January 21st 2023, 11:13 am

I don't know if this will help you or not.

https://static.trickflow.com/global/images/instructions/tfs-dp-18.pdf

For what it's worth they show a FelPro 1028 below 4.660" bore diameter at the bottom of the link.

supervel45

Posts : 3528
Join date : 2013-09-04

Tonyb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Preferred Head Gasket Empty Re: Preferred Head Gasket

Post  dfree383 January 21st 2023, 11:20 am

Cometic 10 bolt

Lem has good ones with correct water holes available
dfree383
dfree383
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Posts : 14656
Join date : 2009-07-09
Location : Home Wif Da Wife.....

Tonyb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Preferred Head Gasket Empty Re: Preferred Head Gasket

Post  Lem Evans January 21st 2023, 2:20 pm

10 bolt

Lem Evans

Posts : 7407
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

http://bfevansraceparts.com

Tonyb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Preferred Head Gasket Empty Re: Preferred Head Gasket

Post  Lem Evans January 21st 2023, 2:24 pm

Tonyb wrote:Installing a TFS A-460 18 bolt head onto a factory 10 bolt block. What is the preferred head gasket to use, a 10 or 18 bolt?

Thank you,

Tony.

Be sure to use a gasket with at least 4.600" bore on the TFS A460 heads regardless of the block bore.

Lem Evans

Posts : 7407
Join date : 2008-12-03
Location : Livermore , Ky

http://bfevansraceparts.com

QtrWarrior and Tonyb like this post

Back to top Go down

Preferred Head Gasket Empty Re: Preferred Head Gasket

Post  Tonyb January 22nd 2023, 2:18 pm

Lem Evans wrote:
Tonyb wrote:Installing a TFS A-460 18 bolt head onto a factory 10 bolt block. What is the preferred head gasket to use, a 10 or 18 bolt?

Thank you,

Tony.

Be sure to use a gasket with at least 4.600" bore on the TFS A460 heads regardless  of the block bore.

Thanks for the reply, pm sent Lem.

Tonyb

Posts : 2
Join date : 2023-01-20

Lem Evans likes this post

Back to top Go down

Preferred Head Gasket Empty Re: Preferred Head Gasket

Post  lance flake January 23rd 2023, 10:44 pm

Tonyb wrote:
Lem Evans wrote:
Tonyb wrote:Installing a TFS A-460 18 bolt head onto a factory 10 bolt block. What is the preferred head gasket to use, a 10 or 18 bolt?

Thank you,

Tony.

Be sure to use a gasket with at least 4.600" bore on the TFS A460 heads regardless  of the block bore.

Thanks for the reply, pm sent Lem.

Lem will get you fixed up with the proper parts.

lance flake

Posts : 126
Join date : 2009-12-28
Location : union ms

Tonyb likes this post

Back to top Go down

Preferred Head Gasket Empty Re: Preferred Head Gasket

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum