BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

popping from exhaust

+6
rmcomprandy
supervel45
Mark Miller
BBFTorino
dfree383
cool40
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

popping from exhaust - Page 2 Empty Re: popping from exhaust

Post  fordmonsta May 11th 2024, 12:24 pm

Just an update, ran the car last night after installing an msd adjustable rotor and do some start back at zero as far as jetting on the terminator system. first run was 5.19, felt pretty good othere than a little bit of weirdness. leaned it out second pass, didnt like it at all. Put a new set of plugs in, put the jetting back to where it was, ran 5.30. Leaned it out two pill sizes and added 2 degrees of timing to 33 and a half. last pass was 5.03 at 135. Fastest pass I've ever made, i think i can work with it now, and i think itll also go 4.90s no problem with a little more piddling with it. Not bad for a pump gas motor that runs on alcohol.

fordmonsta

Mark Miller and stanger68 like this post

Back to top Go down

popping from exhaust - Page 2 Empty rotor phasing

Post  hbstang May 11th 2024, 1:49 pm

i guess you got rid of the popping?i couldnt find the adjustable rotor for a small cap distributor.i still dont understand how the rotor contact can be off from the blade on the pickup.that must be in the distributor some how.also,i read that the blade front edege triggers the mag pulse as it moves past.
hbstang
hbstang

Back to top Go down

Post  fordmonsta May 11th 2024, 3:06 pm

msd 84211 is the rotor thats adjustable for the small cap, big cap is 8421. I've learnt a little fooling with this thing, the pickup just relies on the relusctor tooth to send a signal to the msd box every time one goes by, it has no bearing on where the rotor is pointing per se, all the rotor knows is to trhow a spark whenever its told, moving the rotor actually doesnt affect the timing at all, unless you turn the whole body setting timing, which moves the pickup location. I'm gonna try a couple small adjustments next time out and see if it'll go that magic 4.99

hbstang wrote:i guess you got rid of the popping?i couldnt find the adjustable rotor for a small cap distributor.i still dont understand how the rotor contact can be off from the blade on the pickup.that must be in the distributor some how.also,i read that the blade front edege triggers the mag pulse as it moves past.

fordmonsta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2