BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rocker arm screw in stud in aluminum heads ?

4 posters

Go down

Rocker arm screw in stud in aluminum heads ? Empty Rocker arm screw in stud in aluminum heads ?

Post  nuclearcobra January 4th 2010, 5:33 pm

do i need a sealer or some type of loctite ? the intake stud hole is drilled into the intake port i've always used sealer before but that was on iron heads this is the first time using aluminum heads and is there any other tricks when using aluminum like anything on the header bolt threads ?
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Rocker arm screw in stud in aluminum heads ? Empty Re: Rocker arm screw in stud in aluminum heads ?

Post  IcallhimGeorge January 4th 2010, 5:51 pm

I used a little dab of black rtv for the rocker studs and nothing on the header bolts. However, I used copper rtv instead of header gaskets.
IcallhimGeorge
IcallhimGeorge
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Rocker arm screw in stud in aluminum heads ? Empty Re: Rocker arm screw in stud in aluminum heads ?

Post  nickbay January 4th 2010, 7:13 pm

Nuclear, what heads do you have?
nickbay
nickbay

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra January 4th 2010, 8:26 pm

Its the kaase canted valve heads for the small ford they have 247cc intake runners with 2.10-1.60 valves and the flow is supposed to be 345-242 @700 lift although i havent had this pair flowed yet. A guy on the nmraracing forum had a pair he sent to kaase for some porting and his flowed 365.
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  nuclearcobra January 4th 2010, 8:32 pm

Rocker arm screw in stud in aluminum heads ? Th_IMG_0285 Rocker arm screw in stud in aluminum heads ? Th_IMG_0283 Rocker arm screw in stud in aluminum heads ? Th_IMG_0288 Rocker arm screw in stud in aluminum heads ? Th_IMG_0282
nuclearcobra
nuclearcobra
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  BOSS 429 January 6th 2010, 1:47 am

always use blue loctite on rocker studs,or stronger
BOSS 429
BOSS 429

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down