BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scat custom billet crankshafts

5 posters

Go down

Scat custom billet crankshafts Empty Scat custom billet crankshafts

Post  JBR-3 January 13th 2010, 4:55 am

Last edited by JBR-3 on February 22nd 2020, 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : .)

JBR-3

Back to top Go down

Scat custom billet crankshafts Empty Re: Scat custom billet crankshafts

Post  Nevs January 13th 2010, 8:35 am

JBR-3 wrote:I'm curious if anyone has had any particularly good or bad experiences
with a Scat custom billet crank (not the Chinese cast or forged stuff).
I know these are as expensive as anybody's custom billet.
Thanks,
JBR

We ran one in a 557" combo (4.150" strokeX4.6250" bore). Crank was fine but it took forever to get. No cheaper than anyone else, no better than anyone else. Unless they have changed, don't believe what they tell you in respect to how long it will take to deliver one. They will constantly put you off. I'd talk to someone like Adney who has some "juice" with them, I'm sure he can do better than an individual such as myself. Just my experience, I wasn't impressed with the service, that's for sure.
Nevs
Nevs
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  TravisRice January 13th 2010, 9:51 am

The 557 that I built back in 2002 or so used a custom billet Scat 4.500, it was the middle weight crank but I can't remember what it was called. I ordered it through Charlie Booze who was running NMRA Hot Street and had A good connection with Scat through Jim Koontz, still took forever..............

TravisRice
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  cwracing January 17th 2010, 12:07 am

I run a Scat crank in my A/A. All of the clearances (rod, mains, and thrust) were ground to the high side of the specification. I had to regrind the thrusts to get the clearances I needed and mic a dozen sets of bearings to find some with enough clearance to work. I might have had to do the same things with any other crank as well, but I think next time I'll try a Bryant or a Crower.
cwracing
cwracing

http://www.hemiford.com

Back to top Go down

Post  studly January 17th 2010, 1:47 am

My father has a 4.75 Scat Billet he got it from Garret Machine the do alot of BBF stuff. also got a set of MGP rods and some ROSS custom pistons, for an a460 motor single carb made 1060hp has been running two seasons now no problems.
studly
studly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down