BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your feelings about all the hype

+20
rmcomprandy
Mark Miller
scottke
bird of prey
rck532
res0rli9
Dagwood
jasonf
'65 T-BOLT
BigBlockRanger
The Pope
jbozzelle
billandlori
the Coug
LUNCHBOX
Tore
72mav
Gary Varney
schmitty
bbf-falcon
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your feelings about all the hype Empty Your feelings about all the hype

Post  bbf-falcon January 25th 2010, 12:37 pm

I realize I might get flamed for my honesty, but here goes. I think what happened in Haiti is truly one of the worst trageties of our time. I also believe in helping them.
BUT, What about the people that still need lots of help in our own country from trageties such as Katrina,or the homes lost to mud slides in Cali, or the homeless shelters that need to be built, to get our veterans off the streets and in a warm shelter to keep from freezing to death. We still have young veterans that still haven't received prostetic arms and legs that they lost in a war in a land they did'nt belong in, in the first place. We are always jumping to spend Billions on others and we leave our people lying on streets or in Hospital beds ,doing w/out. I could go on/on but all this pisses me off.

Last edited by bbf-falcon on January 25th 2010, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Your feelings about all the hype Empty Re: Your feelings about all the hype

Post  schmitty January 25th 2010, 1:10 pm

I hear ya Rick, one should help their own first, but even saying that, I have no problem with helping those people in Haiti. I have a girl in my sunday school class that is from Haiti and she has no idea if her real mother is alive or not. We can only hope that her mother is alright. She was adopted by a loving family here because her mother could no longer afford to take care of her in Haiti. Lots of suffering all over the world, but lets make sure we take care of the people at home first and have a kind heart for people that are our neighbors too. Cool
schmitty
schmitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Gary Varney January 25th 2010, 1:45 pm

I agree Rick, we have children going to bed hungry, children that dont even have a bed and elderly without their meds. I think we should certainly help but first of all we do need to take care of our own AMERICANS at home.

Gary Varney

Back to top Go down

Post  72mav January 25th 2010, 1:47 pm

X's 3 here!
72mav
72mav

Back to top Go down

Post  Tore January 25th 2010, 2:05 pm

I dont think you will get flamed at all. I have thought that for years. Recently I was in Atlanta going around the outer loop and saw so many homeless people sleeping under bridges I just couldnt believe it.
Rick I emailed you awhile ago stating the amount of companies I have seen go under in manufacturing. People cant buy jobs .Something needs to be done at HOME to get things turned around here and get jobs and people taken care of in America. And I do not have the answer on how to do it. I have ideas but not answers.
There are so many people in America suffering but hell we will just send a few billion over there and help them out and let our people sit on the sidelines.
Just my Opinion.
Tore
Tore
Tore

Back to top Go down

Post  LUNCHBOX January 25th 2010, 2:35 pm

I agree with all of you, we need to let the gov. know how we all feel. Helping others is fine but why not help our own first esp. the vets, you can't give up more than these vets have!!
LUNCHBOX
LUNCHBOX

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug January 25th 2010, 3:23 pm

I agree Rick but the problem with Katrina is what they show on TV is most of the people down in New Orleans just sitting on their Big A$$es and begging for more money so they can sit and do nothing to help themselves, I say if you want help you have to want to help yourself....... so get off You Lazy A$$ and help build it back or shut the Hell up... Haiti I feel for those people under polverty and no end in sight.....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  billandlori January 25th 2010, 5:10 pm

I agree as well. There has been piles of cash dumped into that country for years and they are worse off now (before the quake). Now this happens.

Not sure what level of quality of life they want to return them to. It seems like they need to get their own country figured out.

It is great to help others, but as stated, we need to look after our own needy first.

Bill
billandlori
billandlori

Back to top Go down

Post  jbozzelle January 25th 2010, 5:14 pm

Don't get me started on Katrina... people need to help themselves on that one, not EXPECT handouts...

As far as the relief for Haiti and other places around the globe, I understand wanting to help and the gov't's reasoning for doing so, but when you pledge over 100 million in relief it makes you wonder where that money came from in the first place!! Shocked

Why not take that money and pay down the country's debt?

Whodathunkit, huh?

jbozzelle

Back to top Go down

Post  The Pope January 25th 2010, 6:18 pm

billandlori wrote:It is great to help others, but as stated, we need to look after our own needy first.

+1

If we'd help our own first, we'd be better equiped to help others. It's like if we could get more of our people back to work, then those people would start to be able to buy more products. Then the manufactures would need to hire more people, then there's even more people working and buying stuff. Once we have help our people to get back on their feet, we as a nation would be able to and more willing to give $$$ to others who are willing to better themself's and are not just looking for handouts.
The Pope
The Pope

Back to top Go down

Post  BigBlockRanger January 25th 2010, 6:46 pm

I just need to start a disaster relief/reclamation company that sells bandages and bulldozers because that 100mil is going in somebody's pocket because money won't stop bleeding or clear the streets. Somebody is gonna get rich off of this, it might as well be me. Very Happy
BigBlockRanger
BigBlockRanger

Back to top Go down

Post  '65 T-BOLT January 25th 2010, 6:47 pm

Rick! that was well said!
'65 T-BOLT
'65 T-BOLT

Back to top Go down

Post  the Coug January 25th 2010, 6:59 pm

look at the war in Iraq and Afganastan we are Blowing up their dirt clods they live under and building them all New housing and roads where they never ever had any, and your Ex Vice President's Company was given the exclusive bid for it so he will be makinga killing.......

Katrine I watched a show here a while back they were interviewing those government housing people, all 400 to 500 lb welfare people with Trash piled cieling high and cookies and candy everywhere and no where to walk inside the place and they were saying we need more moneys please help us.... outside their government trailers trash was piled to the roof couldn't even take it out to the curb so it could be hauled off.... I say bulldoze the Whole Damn city down and give it back to the Lake and Ocean Who in their right mind would dam up a lake and build a city in the bottom????????? Shocked Hundreds of Millions have gone to that city and it is going in someones Pocket cuz it is evident it's not building any thing back up in that Rat hole.....and not one of those SOB's want to help themselves....

Randy
the Coug
the Coug

Back to top Go down

Post  jasonf January 25th 2010, 7:01 pm

I am going to come of sounding selfish but here goes. I don't really give a crap about anybody else or any other country for that matter (but in the same token I don't wish any bad things upon them either). Canada and the USA are the two greatest countries in the world and have all the opportunity a person needs to be successful. The problem today is that most people are not willing to make any kind of sacrifice to advance their own situation. The gov't has trained them to just put their hand out instead. The thing is that it is not related to any one person or party because it has been going on forever. We are in debt up to our eyeballs (to China of all people) but we just have an extra 100 million for Haiti. I mean WTF? If people want to donate then that is great but I don't like when people take my money then donate it in their name so they look good. If the gov't didn't piss all our money away when a true tragedy like this happens we could step up and help out.
jasonf
jasonf
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bbf-falcon January 25th 2010, 7:05 pm

I heard today on the news that they estimate it will take 10yrs to get that country cleaned up to where those people will be stable again, and on another channel they were talking about more earthquakes will come and they could/will be worse. When will it end. Who do ya'll think will come running WHEN the BIG ONE hits the west coast of OUR country. Rolling Eyes

bbf-falcon

Back to top Go down

Post  Dagwood January 25th 2010, 9:10 pm

X2 for jasonf comments. Giving borrowed money away that we can't afford to pay back in the first place...WTF. I feel for the people of Haiti. but we are adopting their children and bring them back here when we have children right here that need loving homes. Its just not right why should we be the caretakers of the world? Its someones else's turn for the next 100 years.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Back to top Go down

Post  res0rli9 January 25th 2010, 9:16 pm

Dagwood wrote:X2 for jasonf comments. Giving borrowed money away that we can't afford to pay back in the first place...WTF. I feel for the people of Haiti. but we are adopting their children and bring them back here when we have children right here that need loving homes. Its just not right why should we be the caretakers of the world? Its someones else's turn for the next 100 years.

yes I agree 10,000%

res0rli9
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  rck532 January 25th 2010, 10:23 pm

i agree
rck532
rck532
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  bird of prey January 25th 2010, 10:33 pm

just my 2c. i don't want to say i don't care because i do. we just need to spend a little more time helping our own.but a lot of the money and supplies are being donated by people like you and me and the churches and the list goes on. so it's not all just the gov. my church gave $2000. but we feed about 400 people in okc each month. so thats where my money to give goes. maybe if we were on tv too. Laughing
bird of prey
bird of prey

Back to top Go down

Post  scottke January 25th 2010, 10:35 pm

Well said everyone! Everything happens for a reason. We might not undestand it at the time, but we know who does. Great tragedies like this must be a way" You know who" weeds things out. Sounds harsh, but just think about it. When it's your time, it's your time.
scottke
scottke

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark Miller January 26th 2010, 1:37 am

Rick,

I agree 100% i have been telling my buddies the same thing as you.Is New Orleans even back to normal after the Hurricane?I kind of doubt it but could be wrong and now were helping other countries are they going to help us if we need it?I don't think so i agree need to help our own before others,Later Mark.

Mark Miller

Back to top Go down

Post  rmcomprandy January 26th 2010, 10:30 am

I know tragedy is different than war however, has anybody ever read the book "The Mouse That Roared".

It's just part of the American psychie to look abroad over what is happening right in front of them. For some reason most Americans think that if you are American then you should have the responsibility to help yourself even if you can't.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BBFmustang January 26th 2010, 11:03 am

I agree with all of you ,I have said it for years United States should come first then help others .But we have such (SMART)people in gov.that they now whats is best for us, they are dumb a-- .Dont get me wrong i feel for those people but we have some needy people here and some free loaders .If America would take of America first we would be in shape we are in . Yes somebody is going to get rich to help them build back up
BBFmustang
BBFmustang
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  665 falcon January 28th 2010, 9:37 pm

bbf-falcon wrote:I realize I might get flamed for my honesty, but here goes. I think what happened in Haiti is truly one of the worst trageties of our time. I also believe in helping them.
BUT, What about the people that still need lots of help in our own country from trageties such as Katrina,or the homes lost to mud slides in Cali, or the homeless shelters that need to be built, to get our veterans off the streets and in a warm shelter to keep from freezing to death. We still have young veterans that still haven't received prostetic arms and legs that they lost in a war in a land they did'nt belong in, in the first place. We are always jumping to spend Billions on others and we leave our people lying on streets or in Hospital beds ,doing w/out. I could go on/on but all this pisses me off.

No Flaming here Rick, (i agree) i just want to no where The haiti rescue team was when Katrina hit. ANYBODY ?? Mad Mad Mad
665 falcon
665 falcon
BBF CONTRIBUTOR
BBF CONTRIBUTOR

Back to top Go down

Post  ROAD RAGE January 29th 2010, 1:39 pm

Bottom line,,Keep my tax money here, If you want to donate 10 bucks go ahead,, it's your decision.
ROAD RAGE
ROAD RAGE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next