BIG BLOCK FORD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

torker vs tfs street

2 posters

Go down

torker vs tfs street Empty torker vs tfs street

Post  waypastcrazy February 3rd 2010, 1:20 am

How much power difference using torker intake vs tfs street intake?557 tfs otb heads custom solid roller cam 557. Street ride. 5500 to 6000 rpm. Just wondering if there's not enough difference to gain hood clearance. Thx Clyde
waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

torker vs tfs street Empty Re: torker vs tfs street

Post  rmcomprandy February 3rd 2010, 11:09 am

I did that very dyno test ... twice.

With a warmed over 521 street/strip type engine it gained about 5 horsepower above 4500 RPM and lost about 15 lb/ft of torque below 4000 RPM.

On a nasty cammed 501 engine it continually gained power above 4500 RPM to about 20 horsepower at 7,200 RPM; I only went down to 4000 RPM and you could see the trend. But, it lost only about 3 lb/ft of torque down to there.

The TREND ... it loses torque BELOW the torque peak and gains horsepower above it.

rmcomprandy

http://www.rmcompetition.com

Back to top Go down

Post  waypastcrazy February 3rd 2010, 4:38 pm

Wow thx for the info randy. I know that info cost you time and money. I am just a grain of sand in the sea but appreciate it greatly. Lol I could stand to loose a little torque. U know on small tires. Thx a bunch. Clyde
waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  waypastcrazy February 3rd 2010, 5:34 pm

I had a 77 highboy. F250 long bed 4x4 few years back. With some big buckshot mudders and 4 speed. Motor was bad and I got antsy bout seeing my 466 run so I stuck it in the truck thinkn it would be a slug. Engine was 30 over dish with mildly worked doves a hyd flat comp 292 dur with roller rockers a torker II intake and 750 holley. And man was I shocked. It would flat out yank my head into the back glass at any speed just before it broke tires loose. So I weighed the truck and it was 6200 lbs. No dyno but seat of pants it was a monster. To be not much more than stock. Lol to this day regret getting rid of that truck. Can somebody kick me pls. Lol. Nuff of my rambling. Thx again.
waypastcrazy
waypastcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum